343i's "Ske7ch" acknowledged H2V in the 2/2 community update

Mar 20, 2016
Its cOLD mOLD at this point, but just in case anyone missed this:

Some fans pointed out a few weeks ago that the Halo 2 Vista servers were no longer showing up in-game. Yes, people still play Halo 2 Vista. Who knew!? (seriously, I didn’t really, but the team obviously does). It turns out that Halo 2 Vista servers are somewhat of an enigma. The 343 team is currently investigating the situation (we/343 don't actually manage these servers ourselves).

Sauce: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/cetacean-celebration

supersniper

The lost soul
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
supersniper
Re: 343i's "Ske7ch" acknowledged H2V in the 2/2 community up

oh wow, had no idea they would even talk about H2v. Maybe a miracle will happen?

Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
UncutFighter

YESSSSSS!

Glad they got back to the community on this. I had been messaging ske7ch on reddit and he responded about how 343 doesn't actually have the servers anymore (as listed in the thread) and that they had a team investigating it. Hope this gets resolved soon! :)

Anz

Members
Mar 23, 2013
Gamertag
Anz11

What good could they possibly do to the game at this point tho? Its pointless to go back to XBL style servers as the Project Cartographer is a lot better way to play the game (no need for activation codes for one). Maybe some advertising on their part would be good for the game, but I dont think they´re gonna promote a game that doesnt make money for them.

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
unitedfalconclan.roflforum.net
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy

Its all about marketing. Like super said, maybe a miracle may happen?

Who knows, H2V may get an update that fixes a lot of stuff or maybe, just maybe Anniversary could be an update. That, in my opinion would be a great thing to do in order to reinstate faith back into the fans (H2V's history hasn't always been great)

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi

What harm could mentioning the project in a community update do? Just a link to this website or maybe the Project Cartographer video and just give a little splurge about the project.
Surely a little help on there part, could go a long way for us. But of course, this is still a long shot.

tweek

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Nov 29, 2013

Any news is good news. Maybe they'll give us proper map tools. Worst case scenario, more people will google search Halo 2 pc and see project cartographer :)

Jun 19, 2016
Gamertag
CyP proty
I don't believe a single word 343 says about H2V. "We're looking in to it" is the most basic answer to slowly let people forget about it again. If they really had " a team investigating it" would it take several months to even give us the tiniest update on what's happening? It's not like people haven't tried their best in the past, in the end the servers went down without a single warning or explanation from 343, even if the servers aren't under their control anymore, there still were plenty of people complaining about it. how long has it been now again? anyone heard anything? The only thing we might get, is like Tweekx said, the worst case scenario, which imo is the only possible scenario, is more publicity & people googling Halo 2 PC more IF 343 even says anything about it in the future, which might happen if some people start spamming them again. It's better than nothing, but when I look at the way 343 halo has treated over the years, specially the old school generation, I don't think they'll ever spend any effort H2V.

Sep 3, 2017
Holy crap! Imagine Halo 2 for Windows 10 Anniversary and Halo 3 Anniversary on September 25, 2017. What if 343 was actually making two anniversary games this year. That would make 343 truly redeem them selves.

Sep 9, 2017
Gamertag
gAgLiArDo
One day someone will organise esports' olimpyc games.
Before that moment we should look for the best games to play (ex. League of Legends).
343-Microsoft carrys on dividing players into their Halo projects: Reach, H4, HMCC, H5... damn stop it!
It is clear, they can not reedem their faults.
Halo is dead.
And H2 is still the best game.

You are doing right guys! (H2PC)

Sep 3, 2017
Gamertag
Transdude1996
One day someone will organise esports' olimpyc games.
Before that moment we should look for the best games to play (ex. League of Legends).

I guess you haven't heard about this yet:
Video Games Are Apparently Too Violent For The Olympics, But Jiujitsu, Boxing And Wrestling Are Not
http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/04/v...he-olympics-but-boxing-and-wrestling-are-not/
“We want to promote non-discrimination, non-violence, and peace among people. This doesn’t match with video games, which are about violence, explosions and killing. And there we have to draw a clear line,” he said, adding that games involving violence opposed “Olympic values.”

He suggested that games that mirror those in real life, like soccer or basketball, could be considered, but declined to explore other possibilities. It is worth noting that several popular esports games, including Rocket League, do not feature violence — and those like Street Fighter V are only about as violent as boxing, taekwondo and jiujitsu.