Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Brutal FreeDOOM - Quick Start Mod Pack
Version 20b HD Ultra - based on the latest community mods & updates

QUICK OVERVIEW

• One simple package, extract folder to C:\games\ and play!
  • Does not require any official Doom WAD to play
  • Links to the best music WADs to help reduce overall size
  • HD textures by way of the DOOM High Resolution Texture Project
  • Ultra Doom Visor HUD with even more graphical enhancements
  • GZDoom & INI file pre-configured for most systems; minimal tweaking for the new players
  • Freedoom Phase II new campaign missions & assets
  • Latest BRUTAL DOOM v20b & Sergeant_Mark_IV's brand new Hell on Earth campaign
  • Links & tools for players that want to go further and start modding
  • High quality icons for all Doom era games
  • This is the third public release of the Quick Start Mod Pack
  • NEW: Project Brutality, Aliens TC, Knee-Deep in ZDoom, & DOOM: ONE
  • NEW: Tech Gone Bad, ZDL, & Nice Blood on the Walls
  • NEW: Freedoom Phase I returns better to support all the new mods

The main vision of this release is to spread the hellish world of Doom to those that have never played
it before and make it as easy as possible to jump right in ASAP. There are links to purchase the original
games as well, though I may need to specify again; the original games (WAD files) are not required if
you cannot afford/acquire them.

Download via OneDrive | Screenshots | VirusTotal
~890MBs compressed (~0.97GBs extracted)

README follows

Brutal FreeDOOM v20b HD Ultra
Quick Start Mod Pack

Files compiled by Kills Alone
Released on July 4th, 2015
Updated on January 20th, 2016

Doom & Doom II: Hell on Earth
created by id Software

CONTENTS

BRUTAL DOOM & Hell on Earth Starter Pack
[Version 20b] - December 31st, 2015 & January 1st, 2016
by Sergeant_Mark_IV & pa1nki113r

“Prepare to see the most disturbing, sadistic and morbid manifestation of violence that you ever
seen in your life. This is the definitive gameplay enhancement mod for the GZDoom and Zandronum
engines. Warning: After you see it, it cannot be unseen!”

ModDB

Freedoom: Phase 1 & Phase 2
[Version 0.10.1] - December 23rd, 2015

“The Freedoom project aims to create a complete free content game based on the Doom engine.
Combined with the engine, Freedoom is also compatible with game modifications (“mods”) made for
the original Doom games, made by Doom fans and artists over the decades.”

GitHub.io & GitHub.com

Project Brutality
[Version 2.02] - January 19th, 2016
by pa1nki113r, Sergeant_Mark_IV, prime79, saegiru, Quaker540, S_Andrew_S, Doomguy5th, KullThorne,
Foxdash, lwks, dzero247, Lophier, Ph0b0SS, davidxlima, Chunky_Deathpot, Calvinic, JTC3, xgutsx83,
Mileena_Kahnum, FPSNation, & NailGrind

"Project Brutality is back and it is bigger, better, and more badass than ever before. This is the
highest quality expansion of content for Brutal Doom v20b that capitalizes on breaking new ground
in terms of gameplay, features, weapons, enemies, balance, visuals, sound, and so much more."

ModDB

Aliens: The Ultimate Doom (TC)
[Beta 8.0] - March 27th, 2015
by Kontra_Kommando

"You must face xenomorphs, predators, and androids, in a celestial battle for survival.
Carnage and bloodshed await you and your fellow marines."

ModDB

Knee-Deep in ZDoom
[Version 1.1 fixed] - December 27th, 2008
by Nick Baker (Nightmare), Daniel Gimmer (Tormentor667), Fraser Low (TheDarkArchon),
Michael Niggel (Risen), Christoph Oelckers (Graf Zahl), Björn Ostmann (Vader),
Ryan Turner (BioHazard), & Pawel Zarczynski (NMN)

"The experience of playing through Knee-Deep in the Dead is one that many gamers will never forget,
but through the years the episode has become too easy for many to play through and enjoy the way
they did the first time."

DRD Team

DOOM:ONE
[Version 0.4.1] - December 22nd, 2013
by Bambamalicious

"...a new look on the classic first game DooM. Imagine, a game full of surprises, new secrets,
and one continuous, fluid DooM. No loading screens, No waiting betweens levels... No breaks in
the action. That is the aim of DOOM:ONE."

ModDB

Ultra Doom Visor HUD
[Version 1.71] - January 19th, 2016
by Saegiru, 3D Doomguy Face by Reinchard2, Enhanced Graphics by Lightsource

“I have since expanded it to work with vanilla, and many other projects, mainly BD based...
but it is simple enough to modify for pretty much any mod out there. I've borrowed and used many
people's ideas and code, plus modified and came up with my own solutions to quite a few things
along the way. All of my work is free to be used by anyone for any purpose, my only goal was to
create exactly what I wanted out of a HUD and make it available for others.”

ModDB

ZDoom Forum

DOOM High Resolution Texture Project
[Version 20150723] - Updated August 11th, 2015
by https://github.com/KuriKai/DHTP/blob/master/README.md

“The DHTP is a DOOM community effort to recreate the original DOOM, DOOM2, and Final DOOM
textures in high resolution, while keeping the same style and feeling of the originals and be to be
used by DOOM engines that support it. There are no upscaled original in this pack. If it does not fit
the style, then it can't go in.” -KuriKai

Dengine Forums

DropBox

GitHub

Tech Gone Bad - E1M8B Remake
[Version 1.0] - January 15th, 2016
by John Romero
“After exiting the Computer Station you knew the worst was up ahead. You still hadn't reached
the place where the demons were coming from. The steel door shuts behind you as you realize
you're there; you're at the Phobos Anomaly. Cracks from hell are all over the place as seepage from
the portal invades the entire installation. Now it's time to find the portal and stop the demons from
coming through. You know UAC had hundreds of scientists working at a high-tech lab somewhere in
this area, and the portal must be connected to it somehow. Time to lock and load.”

DropBox

Twitter post

Archive.org - Playable Doom level in a web browser

ZDL
[Version 3.2.2.2-stable] - August 8th, 2012
by Cody "QBasicer" Harris, Ryan "Biohazard" Turner, Neuralstunner
“It is highly recommended to use ZDL to launcher Project Brutality 2.0, as you'll be able to determine
your load-order for you add-ons and mods this way, and avoid bugs/conflicts in game.” -pa1nki113r

Vectec

MediaFire

Nice Blood on the Walls
[Version 1.0] - March 31st, 2014
by Stiegi
“This special mutator provides the best, gloriest, goriest blood splats on the walls you have ever seen!
Works with ANY version of Brutal Doom, including Ketchup Mod!”

ModDB

GZDoom
[Version 2.0.9999.0] - g2.1.pre-1196-g02c3828 - June 6th, 2015
by Christoph Oelckers (Graf Zahl)

"A Doom source port based on ZDoom. It features an OpenGL renderer and lots of new features"

DRD Team

SETUP

1) Unpack the Zip file

2) Move the extracted folder to a location such as: C:\games\Brutal FreeDOOM

3) I run a resolution of 1920x1080, so you may need to tweak that in-game or through gzdoom.ini

4) There is a shortcut to gzdoom.exe called Brutal FreeDOOM. Its target contents are as follows:

"C:\games\Brutal FreeDOOM\gzdoom.exe" -iwad freedoom2.wad -file hellonearthstarterpack.wad brutalv20b.pk3
zdoom-dhtp-20150723.pk3 NiceWallBlood.pk3 UDV_v1.71_A_BASE.pk3 UDV_v1.71_B_ADD_IN_Mod_BDv20.pk3
UDV_v1.71_C_ADD_IN_Gfx_Alternate_Visor_HQ.pk3

Copy that shortcut to wherever you want, on your desktop or Start Menu

5) Open the new shortcut, if prompted to select a WAD file, select freedoom2.wad. You will know
the mod is working because a banner near the top of the launcher window will say BRUTAL DOOM, and
when you load the selected game/WAD it will say BRUTAL DOOM at the title screen

There are many new in-game options, most of them self-explanatory, now that you have my settings,
tweak as you see fit and have fun!

HINT: Your next steps should be testing the keyboard, brightness, and gamma settings to see if
they need further adjustment for your computers specific setup

This pack is built around free and open source materials, if you want to play the original DOOM
games you will need to copy them over from the original install media, Steam, or GoG.

Example: The BFG version of DOOM 3 includes a WAD file called NERVE.WAD. That file contains the
newest DOOM levels, originally released exclusively for Xbox Live Arcade. To play them you would
locate DOOM2.WAD and NERVE.WAD then copy them to the same folder where you installed this pack.

To keep this a collection as legitimate as possible I cannot include these WADs, here is a list
of all known commercial DOOM WAD files:

ZDoom Wiki IWAD

There is also a huge collection of fan maps available for free here:

Archive.org

[youtube]https://youtu.be/aykzEmWrRvA?list=PLnVnWr4MqNWcCtOt_6brbfGgtsQuhjz55[/youtube]

53 6D 6F 6B 65 57 65 65 64 45 76 65 72 79 64 61 79

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
The next update will be multiplayer focused and contain a few of the top suggested megawads (campaigns). That doesn't mean you should wait, oh no! Download the apps below and start playing Doom online with relative ease, just make sure you setup Zandronum & Doomseeker first. ;)

Zandronum
-Zandronum is a multiplayer oriented port, based off Skulltag, for Doom and Doom II by id Software

Doomseeker
-Doomseeker is a cross-platform server browser for Doom

Wadseeker
-Wadseeker is a library for making programs similar to GetWAD

PNill

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Oct 25, 2015
Gamertag
TDxPermaNulled
I play on Zandronum and zdaemon once in a blue moon have been for a few years heh :p

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Its too much god damn fun right?

People hear DOOM I or II and they think its ancient, they don't realize GZDoom is highly updated, Brutal DOOM is amazballs, and its one of the best online experience you can have once you find the server/wad/gametype that works for you. Doomseeker makes online play a breeze as well.