Can't Sign In (2014)

Jun 6, 2014
Gamertag
FrostbiteReaper
Hello, I apologize in advance if there is already a discussion for this problem. I have tried to play Halo 2 recently and no matter what I do, I can't sign in to GFWL, I do know that Microsoft shut it down and are getting rid of the service. Any help to fix this problem or find a way to sign in would be greatly, greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance :)

Jun 6, 2014
Gamertag
FrostbiteReaper
This is the "error" that I face, there is no code for it, but both my email and password are valid, I have signed into GFWL previously with it, as well as using it for my Xbox and signing into xbox.com

Attachments

supersniper

The lost soul
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
supersniper
Either you are entering the wrong email, password, or combination of both. (that's what the error is referring to)

Delete your profile and redownload it.
  1. Hit the HOME key to open the Guide in game.
  2. Sign out (if you are signed in)
  3. Click on Delete Profile
  4. Select the profile you want to delete
  5. Select Yes
  6. Then hit the HOME key to bring up the Guide again
  7. Select Sign in (If you have another profile already select Sign in Another Account)
  8. Enter your details
  9. And let it download your profile.
If the above doesn't work.
Try signing into xbox.com with your LIVE ID. If it doesn't work there then recover your password.
Maybe you changed the password recently and forgot.

Jun 6, 2014
Gamertag
FrostbiteReaper
I changed both my password and updated my email, I can sign in to live on my xbox, and on xbox.com but not in any GWFL game.

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
may need to see if the game is updated? and that the game is not being blocked by the firewall??? :/ also if you are using an IP Blocker, filter, HW firewall, M$ will be blocked 99% of the time -_- and depending on what location you are at say, public access point, UC Internet, etc they could also be blocking access to LIVE, but im sure you are on home connection lol also you could possibly try opening up the ports for Halo 2 and LIVE on your computer and Routers Firewall* but probably just the ports on the computer, since you can connect with your xbox.

-hope any of that made sense esp with that lonnnnnngggggg run on sentence stuff goin on therez lolz

Jun 6, 2014
Gamertag
FrostbiteReaper
After so many hair tearing hours I have finally been able to sign in. Thank you to everyone who has posted and helped me, it is very greatly appreciated :D :D :D

Jun 6, 2014
Gamertag
FrostbiteReaper
Now I have a new problem lol sorry guys. Live and network can't be accessed, they're grayed out and cant be clicked.

Jun 6, 2014
Gamertag
FrostbiteReaper
Thanks for giving me the idea about the CD key Kills Alone, I reinstalled Halo 2, reimputing the CD key, now I'm able to play online :D