Controller Button Map Changes Mid Game

Apr 6, 2018
Gamertag
Bloxorz
Hi, I've been having issues with my Xbox One controller (connected via USB) having its button map changed mid game for a few seconds. When the issue arises, my right stick and A button will become unresponsive, and B will pause the game (followed by different buttons moving the pause menu ain and out of different options), and then it will return to normal after a few seconds. The problem occurs inconsistently, but I've tried using different USB cables, different controllers, and even scanning my computer for any kind of viruses or whatnot that may have an effect. Not sure if anyone else has the problem, but it only happens to me on Halo 2 PC, it doesn't happen on Xbox or any other game afaik. Any fixes for it? Would reinstalling the game help?

Mar 24, 2020
Gamertag
saysuh
I have the same problem. I have turned on my controller before starting. I can get about 5-10mins in with my proper settings via x360ce. But then after 5-10mins it reverts back to the wacky button mapping and I have to exit the app and restart it. It's quite frustrating. Is there anything I can do?