"Doktor Headshot" hacking

Mar 25, 2018
Gamertag
Doktor Headshot
Since somebody anonymously reported me to an admin stating that I was hacking, I hereby have to post something to hopefully prove I was not hacking at all and that we are just talking of a bunch of lucky shoots, some incautious movements of Blue team as well as some people just standing still.

On a side note, I just want to say that I don't like hacking, I don't even know how to hack (and never attempted too) and I just want to play Halo 2 on my spare time. I am respectful of developers work and I don't want to waste my time with this kind of matter nor ruin the experience to the whole community.

tweek

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Nov 29, 2013
Nah you're definitely doing something suspicious, look at this warthog that just decided to blow up:
hint: it takes multiple shots to kill a fresh warthog.
Player bodies are flying across the map as you kill them

you're rapid fire hacking the gauss, but your game isnt rendering the extra projectiles. ban

if you take down your video you are still banned, dont bother

Mar 25, 2018
Gamertag
Doktor Headshot
It is totally wrong, I swear I didn't hack and I don't know how it could happened.
It is possible either that my account was hacked or was somehow influenced by other guy sitting in warthog?
I uploaded video and I've just signed in this forum to try proving my genuine play.
I also have legit copy of game.
What else could I provide to show my genuine behaviour?
I repeat, I really had no idea of what were happening to other users... I just clicked my mouse multiple times with finger. I don't even know how to enable that "rapid fire Gauss" and never attempted to try learning it.
I played a lot of Halo 2 games and nobody complained anything, I don't know why this happened today...

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2018
Gamertag
Doktor Headshot
Sorry for double post but I repeat, I really had no idea of what were happening to other users.
I just clicked my mouse multiple times with finger. I don't even know how to enable that "rapid fire Gauss" and never attempted to try learning it.
I played a lot of Halo 2 games and nobody complained anything, I don't know why this happened today.

Mar 25, 2018
Gamertag
Doktor Headshot
I waited a day before reply in the hope someone carried out investigations about that event occurred to my game.
Since my ban is still active, I will spend some words about this crazy matter.
To make it easier, I will list numbered facts.

1) We don't know who is accusing me of "hacking": this "phantom" accuser just recorded a video and linked/sent it straight to a developer who just published it on behalf of my accuser. Instead, I have signed to this forum and posted my very first message to reply to that "accusation" on behalf of myself under my nickname which, by the way, is the same both for the forum and for the game.

2) While we were in game, I was lucky enough to meet "tweek" user who qualified himself/herself as an admin. Since I recorded video of that strange event occurred in game, I immediately asked to tweek where is the forum to send my video to sort out this matter because I don't like hacking and I just want to play without any worries. I don't need any evidence for this fact because the honest admin would admit I am telling the truth.

3) I invite you to take a closer look at the time of events: after I realized something weird happened, I was planning to post my video in the forum to notify developers about strange behaviour occurred to my game and to find solutions but my accuser urged the admin to publish the video of me supposedly caught hacking. This order of publications goes against me but, if it was the opposite case of me publishing video before the accuser, well... It would have been a whole different story. Unfortunately my fulfillments involved with publication of my 51-secs video (convert a FullHD video in mp4 for optimal upload in YT, upload in YT, sign in the forum and validate my registration, find the "Walk of Shame", find the thread regarding me, write a reply, check spell, submit reply) required longer time than the one for my accuser who just easily linked/sent a 5-secs video to the thread opener. Hence I faced an objective difficulty to prove my "innocence" upon this matter because I had not the time to willfully open my reporting thread and instead I was dragged into this thus suffering of negative bias about me.

4) I invite you again to take another closer look at the time of game: the accuser's video lasts only 5 seconds; my video lasts ten times longer which undoubtedly provide a broader view of events. Now, let's focus to the timer in the bottom right corner in the range 14:27 —- 14:22: what we see in my video is that I just shoot single clearly distinguishable rockets from Gauss; in my accuser's video, however, it seems I am shooting some kinda of laser. If we were in a real trial court, we would call this a reasonable doubt upon the shameful accusation over me because of the great discrepancy upon evidences that should trigger further investigations; however, since we are in a public game supplied with a public mod, it is just my personal game "not rendering the extra projectiles" as stated without any doubt. By the way, speaking about my game, I own and installed a legitimate copy of Halo 2 game with original serial key supplied with it. I do support game developers for developing games that I like but this is an off-topic consideration which might be of non-relevance here unless, of course, someone would like to have a broader view of my conduct. About my game not rendering the extra projectiles, I hardly believe it because I play with all maxed graphic settings since my 8GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 allow me running smoothly newer videogames than a 2007 videogame like Halo 2.

5) To make it even clearer, I am almost 29 years old, I do have a family and a social life and I occasionally play videogames during my spare time without the arrogance of considering my self a "Pro" or acting like that because I know there are plenty of players who really are far better than me and this discourages me even thinking about stay high in the ranks; therefore I don't need hacking neither showing the world my gaming skills because, to be honest, I have stronger and wider values in my life. I don't even need any short-term glory because I already have a notorious YouTube channel with my own creations which provides me much way sane satisfaction than just winning with some cheating program of any sort which, I like repeating myself, I never planned using neither been interested finding or using it.

6) Having said that, as far as I can see in the forum, another user seemed experiencing same issue (rapid fire Gauss) in same scenario (Coaugulation) with same kind of vehicle (Gauss Warthog) whilst I was banned. You may believe or not but, as you can see in my video, I was not using any hack and I couldn't realize what happened in the very moment of playing because of the thrill and excitement of playing (I only used Windows Media Player for background music as external application, if that matters). Hence there is another cheater or, which is more likely, it's the same person who "trolled" me and now is "trolling" you and will keep "trolling" everyone as long as he/she wants. I repeat that, despite understandable developer's scepticism, someone else (not necessarily my accuser) influenced my game and/or avatar actions. Surely this poor person is having a big laugh of little satisfaction when reading this thread in order to know whether his/her troll has succeeded or not: the way you behave to me may affect his/her future conduct, this is an obvious thing.

7) On a conclusive note, I am spending my time and my efforts to provide a defence to myself against an unfair accusation in a language that is not my native one. Should even this not be enough to convince you about my good faith, then I am relieved this is not a real legal matter because it would be a wrong use of "judging" power. Public justice sometimes is not fair, this is why we should try making private justice fair is all I can say.

mills

Staff
May 10, 2017
it's a conspiracy. google chrome & windows media player are now official hacking tools for halo 2.

Jun 23, 2015
People with lives don't write 1000 word essays trying to get unbanned on a 10 year old game.

With that being said, the proof is clear and there is no room for interpretation. We will not be considering your "defense" and you will remain banned.

tweek

Dev
Nov 29, 2013
0a) I am "tweek", and I do not tolerate any hackers in public servers. Especially my own

0b) Just to preface this: When Bungie and microsoft ban players, it is permanent. And they don't bother showing their "proof"

1) Why does it matter who the "accuser" is? All I look at is the player in question, and the game type name. If player is hacking, and gametype does not say "glitches " or "mods" or whatever, then player gets banned. ez

2) The video was recorded before i joined the game, and the "accuser" uploaded it to our discord server. I copied it to the forum and created a post as I always do

3) if you realized that something "weird happened" then you should have closed your game immediately and contacted a developer. Yet you continued to play in coagulation and the next match on ivory tower (i was there). During the Cartographer installation, you will have noticed our terms of service which state that hacking is not tolerated.

4) Your video does not help you. You are rapid firing the gauss in your video too, but most of the projectiles are not showing. My replies above make it easy for someone (who does not have 13 years of playtime on the halo 2 engine) understand the hack. This has happened to me too if I make too many memory edits/ projectile swaps in an instance of halo2. The "laser' you see actually hundreds of guass projectiles firing each second.

5) irrelevant

6) link

7) lets see what the community decides then; all of the reports are publicly viewable, there is nothing "private" going on here, except, of course, banning powers. I''m glad we are having this discussion, you will not see such behavior from steam, microsoft, bungie, 343, etc. We try to be as transparent as possible with our bans.

You are not the first person to do this. The report video is enough for me to ban you and all the other developers / staff will agree with me. Plead all you want but the report video is clear, you are rapid firing your gauss cannon in a public match. And your own video further emphasizes that fact.

And this is not a bug in the game, the gauss cannon doesnt randomly decide to start rapid firing, you need to edit Halo 2's memory in order to do this (aka, use a hack tool)

Mar 25, 2018
Gamertag
Doktor Headshot
Thank you all for so many replies. Even, if they are not very much encouraging, they are at least symptomatic of a civilized talking. I try to reply to everyone by quoting one by one.

it's a conspiracy. google chrome & windows media player are now official hacking tools for halo 2.
As far as I can understand, this is irony or joke so there is no need to spend many words for reply.

People with lives don't write 1000 word essays trying to get unbanned on a 10 year old game.

With that being said, the proof is clear and there is no room for interpretation. We will not be considering your "defense" and you will remain banned.
We skip your second statement for a moment and just focus to the first one; I would generally agree with you about what you wrote if it was not my case but, for me, it is somehow a matter of image since my image became dirty in a public ground not for my action. Writing is the only way I have to communicate with you since we don't have chance to peacefully talk by live where everything usually is clearer and quicker. I don't understand why you make further reference to "a 10 years old game": it is a game that I like and would like to play, it is still played nowadays and could be as much fun as any other contemporary games. Amen for your second statement but, I repeat, I didn't hack anything nor ever thought doing so.

0a) I am "tweek", and I do not tolerate any hackers in public servers. Especially my own

0b) Just to preface this: When Bungie and microsoft ban players, it is permanent. And they don't bother showing their "proof"

1) Why does it matter who the "accuser" is? All I look at is the player in question, and the game type name. If player is hacking, and gametype does not say "glitches " or "mods" or whatever, then player gets banned. ez

2) The video was recorded before i joined the game, and the "accuser" uploaded it to our discord server. I copied it to the forum and created a post as I always do

3) if you realized that something "weird happened" then you should have closed your game immediately and contacted a developer. Yet you continued to play in coagulation and the next match on ivory tower (i was there). During the Cartographer installation, you will have noticed our terms of service which state that hacking is not tolerated.

4) Your video does not help you. You are rapid firing the gauss in your video too, but most of the projectiles are not showing. My replies above make it easy for someone (who does not have 13 years of playtime on the halo 2 engine) understand the hack. This has happened to me too if I make too many memory edits/ projectile swaps in an instance of halo2. The "laser' you see actually hundreds of guass projectiles firing each second.

5) irrelevant

6) link

7) lets see what the community decides then; all of the reports are publicly viewable, there is nothing "private" going on here, except, of course, banning powers. I''m glad we are having this discussion, you will not see such behavior from steam, microsoft, bungie, 343, etc. We try to be as transparent as possible with our bans.

You are not the first person to do this. The report video is enough for me to ban you and all the other developers / staff will agree with me. Plead all you want but the report video is clear, you are rapid firing your gauss cannon in a public match. And your own video further emphasizes that fact.

And this is not a bug in the game, the gauss cannon doesnt randomly decide to start rapid firing, you need to edit Halo 2's memory in order to do this (aka, use a hack tool)
0a) and 0b) Yes, you are tweek. This is my good luck you are the same person who witnessed what happened "there" and I didn't mean making you get angry by hacking in your server nor in anyone else's server. About Bungie and Microsoft, as far as I know from my experience as an Xbox gamer, ban is permanent because Microsoft must protect its economic profit and because the covered violations involve hacking console and/or game profile which require a lot of specific knowledge and specific tools that go far from the immediate availability of average user. Hence, I guess, this is why they don't bother showing any proof.

1) It doesn't really matter who the accuser is. I just wanted to emphasize myself taking a direct active role to attempt sorting out this matter.

2) Yeah, thank you for explaining me the procedure. Unfortunately I didn't prepare myself for this kind of event and I had no interest in learning how to join discord server because I never worried about this event happening to me. If you allow me the example, you don't buy a gun if your home has never been violated before. I just downloaded mod files and installed in my game directory and started playing without any further fulfillments as most of users, I guess, would do. To be honest, I didn't even bothered entering forum because I didn't need since setup was easy enough to not need any tutorial or any explicit fulfillment than registering account within game environment.

3) Yes, I continued playing in "Coagulation" because I slowly realized something weird happened by coordinating chat messages of some user menacing to record video and late admin enterance. I think you would agree that, sometimes, some envious gamers in an online game like to shout "Hack?", "Cheat?" and perform menaces and then no real consequences happen (unless something surreal happens like what I read in the past about a gamer swatting his opponent). Playing in "Ivory tower" was my good luck because I met you and I had a brief chat with you and learned the existence of the "Walk of Shame" section (which I was totally unaware of) otherwise we would not be writing each other now. Reasoning ex post facto, I think that if I immediately quitted the game, I would have had not this luck and I would have made my position getting worser than actual it is (Vini, Hacki, Vici). I also noticed your terms of service stating about hacking not be tolerated which appear right after you login with your account since the very last update of the game to build 4.0.4 (previous build didn't show that message).

4) Even if don't understand concretely what you mean with "if I make too many memory edits/ projectile swaps in an instance of halo2", I would like to thank for explanation. I would like also to coordinate your fourth point with your very last sentence "And this is not a bug in the game, the gauss cannon doesnt randomly decide to start rapid firing, you need to edit Halo 2's memory in order to do this (aka, use a hack tool)". So, if I understand correctly from your words, an hacking attempt would imply editing Halo 2 memory. Not sure where this memory is located but I try to guess it is located in some dlls or, perhaps, in the game executable file. Well, if that is the case, would it be possible to virtually "print" standard info stored in genuine files in the online menu and perform a comparison check between expected info by the online menu and the files stored in the user's local root? I used playing the old Operation Flashpoint videogame in the past and I noticed that there was a costant comparison between local user files and server files whenever a new user connected to the server and, in case of discrepancy, an hint box reported that user xxx was using modded file xxx; after reading that, the admin was promptly warned about a possible hacker/cheater presence and then kick or ban if needed.

5) Amen if it is irrilevant.

6) I refered to "Savo" user opened "Allete?" thread here https://halo2.online/threads/allete.2109/ who experienced the same issue of seeing a possible hacker in the same conditions (Coagulation map, Rapidfire hack, Gauss Warthog) my accuser saw me. That possible hacker is not me because I was banned when the event in that video occurred. I know it doesn't prove anything in my favour but I would like to remark that day there was someone "making fun" of all us thus not discouraging you from stopping your investigations upon this matter.

7) Even if I don't agree because, I repeat, I didn't perform any of the aforementioned maneuvers to ruin game experience to anyone, I am glad we are having this discussion too. But, hey, you are judges in this matter if you want to keep me banned, amen. It means I play something else until you unban me if any unban is planned or until you find the coward that made this trick to me for unknown reason.

i read this book while eating pizza
Yeah, thanks for dedicating your time reading my post.