• Total voters

divine1gore

Staff
Project Cartographer Staff
Jan 12, 2019
Washington State, USA
Gamertag
divine1gore
I noticed that Celsius uses a green dot overlay when he posted the video to get Walking Hurtle banned. Is this acceptable then? I'm not sure because nobody has brought it up before and I wasn't aware people were even using them for this game. I didn't even know of their existence until recently while watching a video talking about tricks in goldeneye speedrunning i.e. a game where you didn't have a fixed crosshair on screen -- so ppl would put stuff on their monitor to mark it. I forsee the main advantage to having a dot overlay being in long range br battles where aim assist is weak on controller and you could use a focus point that isn't marked when you only have a blue reticle for example.

Jan 14, 2019
Gamertag
Yuri Bacon
Honestly don't see why not. There is nothing stopping you from putting playdough on your screen a la Goldeneye speedrunning or using some stupidly complicated hardware setup that injects a dot on the center of the screen after your computer sent the signal from its HDMI (or w/e port you're using) and before your monitor getting it.

Oct 26, 2018
NO YOU WILL BE BANNED

lol jk i don't see any unfair advantages. It's essentially the same as changing the size in game so have at it man

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
It's apparently used because the standard stock reticles become invisible and blend in at times during the match. Plus it's shiny and a green dot.