Elite_MP Lights

Mar 15, 2013
Hey guys need some help. I figured out why the elite_mp variants on the PC don't have active illuminating lights. It appears that for the PC version, the decided to assign the render_layer_disabled for the inset_lights_mp.shader. Now the location of the actual shader file for which the game draws from is located in shared.map. problem is, Assembly doesn't allow the saving of the changed data for this map or shader for some reason. I have not attempted to compile a new globals.globals tag yet but I'm pretty sure the changes either won't hold, or becuase we're using a custom tag, that any map compiled with this change will require the slot map naming convention.

This little side project isn't for me, it's for someone else. They want to be able to have lighted elites in multipl;ayer without the need for custom map naming. If anyone has any clue how to get the changes to stick, let me know!

Himanshu01

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
May 16, 2013
India
Gamertag
Himanshu01
Well the team managed to do it
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Au_9gBt4rGsbhstAkvPVZXtYJH5r3Q

But on further research we found that there are perhaps issues with all the lights
You can see lights through the geometry

Heres an example:
Watch closely near the portal barrier

Thats me there standing with the light_fixes
So it cannot be yet included in updates unless this issue with lights is fixed

Himanshu01

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
May 16, 2013
India
Gamertag
Himanshu01
You can find this bug happwning with almoat all the lights from a far distance even in campaign

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
Yeah you can see them even in the saves sometimes. It helps here and there lol but once they are away from the wall the lights disappear sometimes I believe lol