Failed to Download

Jun 10, 2018
Gamertag
Cassettes
Anytime I join a custom game map and my game tries to download it, after the download finishes i just get message with "Failed to Download" How can i fix this? Very frustrating

Oct 26, 2018
You may have more than 50 maps. 50 is the limit so deletes some.

Located at (Documents > My Games > Halo 2 > Maps)

Jun 10, 2018
Gamertag
Cassettes
All of your custom maps in documets, yes. You are deleting the maps from %userprofile%/Documents/My Games/Halo 2/Maps correct?
Yes I am, i deleted all the custome ones still same problem, it says "You failed to load the map" after it gives me the alert that I can download the map. I'll try taking screen shots

Feb 26, 2016
USA
In the first image you showed me a directory. That has nothing to do with custom maps. That's your default maps folder and should be untouched. Regular custom maps will never show up there.

Custom maps belong in documents. Go the explorer path and paste in the path I just gave you and screenshot that.

%userprofile%/Documents/My Games/Halo 2/Maps

Edit: Btw you deleted default maps from the game like the campaign. You're supposed to have 41 map files in the Halo 2 install folder.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018
Gamertag
Cassettes
In the first image you showed me a directory. That has nothing to do with custom maps. That's your default maps folder and should be untouched. Regular custom maps will never show up there.

Custom maps belong in documents. Go the explorer path and paste in the path I just gave you and screenshot that.

%userprofile%/Documents/My Games/Halo 2/Maps

Edit: Btw you deleted default maps from the game like the campaign. You're supposed to have 42 map files in the Halo 2 install folder.
https://gyazo.com/3ae68621b90007f4d1e0dcfb5a580c9d