Game breaking bug

Mar 19, 2017
Gamertag
Gargoil79
Whenever a 360 controller is plugged in it always freezes this game. I have to have my controller already plugged in before I boot up Halo 2 to use it. If it happens to get unplugged I have to exit and start all over again. This is only a minor bug but it could be fixed right?

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
When I plug my controller in whilst playing it only remaps the keys, so b might be jump instead of a.
Seems very strange... Just gotta be careful with the cord.

Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
UncutFighter
I would try going into device manager (just search it in your start menu) and find it on the list either simply named "Xbox 360 Peripherals" or it may be listed under Gamepads or USB devices, right click on it and select uninstall. Then unplug and re-plug your controller and see if that helps. You may also try downloading the driver for the Xbox 360 controller manually here: https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/e ... /52a-00004

tweek

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Nov 29, 2013
You need to plug in a controller before the game starts, or else the buttons are mapped improperly. You can unplug and reconnect while the game is still running and there wont be any issues. As for the freezing, I've never seen that before... Make sure your controller drivers are updated. You can also try using putting xinput_9_1_0.dll in your halo 2 folder to see if it fixes anything