Game Crashes At Armory

Mar 27, 2017
Gamertag
AriaTheDeer
Hello.
I been having problems running Single Player campaign, due to a crash at the start of the game in The Armory(During the Sequence when he asks you to look up and down) And it always crashes at the same exact spot
I am not sure what is causing this, but it makes the rest of the game unplayable.
I Would love some feed back or a how-to , to fix this error if possible

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
The work around for this might be -
1) back up your map files (located in the Halo 2 directory)
2) take note of the campaign map file names (1a_spacestation) (or whatever they're called, I'm not at a Pc)
3) now, make copies of the introduction campaign map, and paste as many of them as there are campaign levels (of course removed the other campaign levels from the map file)
4) rename the introduction copies to the same name as the original map files, ie - tutorialcopy1 to 1a_spacestation, tutorialcopy2 to 2a_mombasa or whatever they are called.
5) play the campaign and launch from the Heretic mission.
6) spam space or something to skip the cutscenes, every map will be a cutscenes because it's the introduction. Eventually you'll hit the credits.
7) replace the edited map files with the backup.
8) start from any mission that isn't the armoury.

Profit.

May 17, 2016
USA
Gamertag
Hold Em5
There's a xliveless.dll file you need to download, replace that with your xlive.dll by renaming the xliveless file after you put it in your halo 2 folder in C:/program files (x86)/microsoft games/halo 2 after the launcher has updated your game. This will launch halo 2 without connecting to project cartographer so the campaign can actually run since the project doesn't work with the campaign. Granted you won't be able to play multiplayer until the launcher updates your xlive.dll file the next time you launch halo 2.

Here's the file: http://www.halo2vista.com/downloads/files/xliveless.zip

#17 in FAQ in the discord also explains this.

Sep 25, 2016
Gamertag
CayceClay
If you do something with xlive.dll or xliveless.dll, you will have another problems such as the mouse bug. As for me, I don't start the game with the Armoury level. I choose the next level and have no problems with crashes. The Armoury level is not very important as well. So you won't miss anything by start playing with the next level. Good luck :)