Game makes my monitor search for input randomly.

May 7, 2018
Gamertag
JuJaCan
Hi,

When playing the game my monitor will randomly disconnect and search for an input as if it was unplugged from my PC. This will happen randomly every few minutes or so, sometimes it recovers and comes right back, other times it disconnects and cannot find my PC until I Alt+F4 the game. I've tried lowering my monitor to 60hz, lowering the game to 60hz, windowed mode at lowest possible res, full screen at low res, etc. None of it has worked so far, still getting a monitor blackout/disconnect. Does anyone have any ideas as to what it might be? Any thoughts on how I can limit the game so this doesn't occur?

Specs:
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X79
CPU: Intel i7-4930K
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 16GB (4 x 4GB)
Hard Drive: Samsung 840 EVO-Series 250G SSD
Video Card: GeForce GTX1080 Ti
Monitor: BenQ XL2420TE 144Hz

Thanks

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
unitedfalconclan.roflforum.net
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
Sounds like a monitor issue.
Are you able to reproduce this with another monitor?
Is this still happening after reinstalling the game?
(sorry for the bombardment of questions haha)
Im not sure what's going on here to be quite honest with you. This is the first time i'm hearing of the game doing this.

*http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2999517/monitor-disconnects-randomly.html
Quick search of your issue yielded this
Let us know how you get on

May 7, 2018
Gamertag
JuJaCan
Sounds like a monitor issue.
Are you able to reproduce this with another monitor?
Is this still happening after reinstalling the game?
(sorry for the bombardment of questions haha)
Im not sure what's going on here to be quite honest with you. This is the first time i'm hearing of the game doing this.

*http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2999517/monitor-disconnects-randomly.html
Quick search of your issue yielded this
Let us know how you get on
Thanks for the reply

Yeah it would seem it's a monitor issue but it only happens while playing Halo 2. I still play PUB, CSGO, Wildlands, etc. without any issues. This is the first time I've ever had this issue and it appears to only happen within this game.

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
unitedfalconclan.roflforum.net
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
Thanks for the reply

Yeah it would seem it's a monitor issue but it only happens while playing Halo 2. I still play PUB, CSGO, Wildlands, etc. without any issues. This is the first time I've ever had this issue and it appears to only happen within this game.
Dude that really is weird then. Have you tried that toms guide post i linked as well?

Definitely let us know if you will be willing to test on other monitors if the toms guide post doesn't work out, kinda curious to see what happens.
Also came across this: https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/620696934095115772/

Your video card could be at fault, which is weird...right? You're able to play PUBG/CS:GO without the aforementioned issues (And I assume for long periods of time as well), and halo 2 isn't a GPU intensive game at all (Check the recommended system requirements to see how laughable it is compared to your 1080ti!)

May 7, 2018
Gamertag
JuJaCan
Thanks again for the replies

Before trying another monitor I tried a few more things. I ended up running the game as admin and I haven't had any monitor disconnects yet. I'm going to keep launching the game this way as it seems to work for now, but I'll report back if anything changes.