Game maxing out GPU at points

Jan 21, 2019
Gamertag
Anvilsack
Hey all,

For some reason whenever I join a match the game runs extremely sluggish. Almost like I'm running in slow motion. I loaded up task manager and it seems to be maxing out my GPU. (95%-99%)
I had a buddy join my game and he said it looks like I'm glitching around while moving in slow motion.

I'm running a GTX 970 with 16GB RAM and an i7 4790k.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Browsed the forums and web and couldn't find anyone in a similar situation.

Edit: I also tried with the base game install and the update. Same result.

Himanshu01

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
May 16, 2013
India
Gamertag
Himanshu01
Hey there
Considering you are facing this issue is because of very high framerates
You will need to limit your fps to 60 ,check the ingame fps limiter in Catographer Settings
If it doesnt work try these

[
How can I eliminate game stuttering / input lag?

Try any combination of these options:
  • If your mouse input feels slow / laggy, make sure your FPS is limited to 60. Modern graphics cards run the game at 400 fps which is not supported at all by the game engine.
  • Switch to windowed mode through the in-game video settings page
  • Disable the in game fps limiter (fps_limit = 0 in halo2config.ini) and use an external frame limiter such as Rivatuner Statistics Server to limit halo2.exe to 60 fps
  • Change vsync settings, either through graphics control panel or by adding -novsync to the Halo 2 shortcut.
  • On Windows 10, go to exe properties, click the "Compatibility" tab and disable full screen optimizations
  • Set compatibility mode to "Windows Vista Service Pack 2" (this will break reshade mod)
  • Assign CPU affinity of halo2.exe to something thats not CPU 0 or 1 using Task Manager
  • If you are running Windows 10, try this patch from Microsoft