Halo 2 fps issues with Project Cartographer

Jan 6, 2017
Gamertag
Boomer
Hi! I installed Halo 2 for PC because I wanted to play Halo 2 again since the servers are back online thanks to the Project Cartographer that patches the game to fix issues and bring servers online, but during gameplay the fps slows down for some reason at first it's fine but then it suddenly after some time it slows down.
I'm playing on an old laptop (2 year old laptop) It has Windows 10 Home 64 Bits 8GB RAM 500GB HDD AMD A8 6410 Quad Core. AMD R5 Graphics with 1GB dedicated memory.

I don't know if it's just me or others have this issue, hopefully someone can help me.

Anz

Members
Mar 23, 2013
Gamertag
Anz11
Not sure if this is gonna help, but on Halo Online I had bad fps because I didnt have vsync on. As soon as I turned it on i got consistent 60fps, you might wanna try that. Also lower your settings/resolution and see if that helps.

Jan 6, 2017
Gamertag
Boomer
I'm running on default setting and Vsync on, But I don't think that matters because I had Halo 2 before without project Cartographer patch and run fine with max settings.

Jan 23, 2017
Gamertag
Dakidsyoo
I also have FPS issues. I do not know if it happens in MP, as i haven't played much of it atm, but in campaign my fps will be fine, then it will just drop really low. If i quit to the main menu then press the guide button, the fps will kick back up, and the fps will only come back up, for me, if i press the guide button. Idk what pressing the guide button and fixing the fps means, but i'm guessing GFWL being removed leaves some bugs.

Could be fixed if they just give us MCC on pc.

Mar 20, 2016
I'm pretty sure the devs already know about the FPS issues (ones which are linked to Cartographer, anyway), I'm just not sure how close they are to fixing it. Personally, I just run keep 2 versions of Halo 2 Vista in separate directories, one with Cartographer and one without.

May 29, 2017
Gamertag
ZON
hello I just installed halo 2 project cartographer and at first I couldn't login and then I discovered that I accidently made my password my username and lol. however after logging in I was trying to full screen the game and then the screen froze but the sound kept going and because of that I used task manager to force quit the game but when I started the game up at the login screen and tried logging in and instead giving me any errors the game told me to login again but even when trying to login again it didn't do anything not even ask me to login again. I really would love it if someone could help me with this because I really want to play halo online.