Halo 2 - ODST on Sacred Icon

Jul 26, 2017
Gamertag
JoshBotts

Hello, new to the forums and I just wanted to show my small bit of modding that I learned from reading various posts on the forums, learning how to just simply change biped to a marine has been so much fun.

This is only part of the mission

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
Nice work! If you want to disable the invisibility you can go into (it's been a while) .scnr and search for "campaign type" (or something along those lines), change "campaign type" from Dervish to Masterchief. Then go to .matg and go to "player representation" and change the tab to 0-4, there'll be three nulled boxes, just make the third person unit biped - Marine then give it the ODST permutation you desire.

This'll allow for a blue hud (like MC) and disables invis, so it's a tad more realistic, if you're going for that.

Jul 26, 2017
Gamertag
JoshBotts
Thank you!

Do you know a quick way of changing the marine to an ODST? Because the only way I know how to do it is by changing the numbers of the permutation in the Marine's.mode

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
Depends on the map, sometimes you can just select Marine for the biped/character then make their permutation any ODST version, ie) odst_grf
Some maps don't have the data in it, so you have to go through the permutations values.

So for player go matg - player representation - make biped Marine - third person unit "odst_grf"