Halo 2 pc, "You can't join this party right now"

Apr 3, 2013
Gamertag
iBl0xman
Im having an error on halo 2 were the first time i join a server i will be in for about 5 minutes and then it will say "Were experiencing some problems. Sorry about that" And if i try to rejoin the server it says "You can't join this party right now. Please try again later". Halo 2 is activated in my firewall. I went into live settings and i saw this:
Eveything was open and activated exept System Link Adress. Could this be whats wrong? And if it is out do i get or change it?

Kantanomo

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
Gamertag
H2Bot
This could be one of many things;
A) Your ISP(Internet Service Provider) see's that you are on xbox live and they don't like that so they block that connection.
B) The people who are hosting the parties are simply booting you for no reason and then setting their lobby to Invite Only.
C) You have a very bad connection to whom ever is hosting the game which you time out (This has happened to me before), go to Http://speedtest.net and post your results so we can further help you with this one.
D) Their is a problem with your H2V Instillation, which we will need more details of your PC and OS.

supersniper

The lost soul
Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
supersniper
Also make sure you have the correct ports forwarded and also check to see what is running in your background processes, maybe something is disrupting the connection to the host.

Apr 3, 2013
Gamertag
iBl0xman
My speed test:
ping 69mb
download speed 2.53 mb
upload speed 0.62 mbps

I can't join any server, not even the player made ones my friends want me to join for a private match

Apr 3, 2013
Gamertag
iBl0xman
I ported all the ports, the system link adress is not active though. How can i enable the system link adress?

Kantanomo

Dev
Feb 14, 2013
Gamertag
H2Bot
You don't need to have that one active, its for playing with two PC's connected at home without a modem/router.

Apr 3, 2013
Gamertag
iBl0xman
Well it worked for a while, but now it does not work anymore.. The system link adress is unavilible. If it is availible it works fine. How can i enable system link adress?

Mar 22, 2013
Gamertag
Superter
I think it has been due to poor internet/Live connections lately. When i have had this joining issue over the past 3 days I join an empty game from the same server and if I can join ok then either the game is nearly full and a few players are attempting to join at the same time or my ping is too high.

I have also noticed that when players join a game everyones connections lag right out to yellow/red bars. On a side note; in a cft coag game last night that we lost, no one was defending our base so I stuck around it with the rox the whole game. Got a 58% hit rate and 10 head shots?? wtf.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Basically if you connect to a room that does not even give you a ping; your gonna have a bad time. I can only imagine the lag some Aussie players like Superter must put up with.

Kantanomo

Dev
Feb 14, 2013
Gamertag
H2Bot
Also the SMG clan servers are not in the best of shape at the moment, to lay it out in simple terms. The servers have been on for so long that they broke themselves and are Extremely buggy, examples are the scoreboard not working, everything is all warpy, etc..

So if those are the servers that you have problems with, yell at SmG Cloud who refuses to restart them, even after my constant yelling at him.