Halo 3 Esque - New Mombasa

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
I'm currently working on the second level of the campaign and my mod, to make the Halo 2 campaign a bit like Halo 3's.
I've currently done some changes up until the Warthog you get at the Beach.

One of my concerns with this level is probably the decrease in difficulty because theres no Brute characters in the map file to replace the Covenant Elites (can't use Elites, they're your allies) - So I've resulted to more Jackal/Jackal Sniper squads and some extra Hunter encounters.

If anyone has any ideas on how I could make the level a bit more difficult or has any ideas for the mod in general - comment on this post.

Cheers, Sod.

Mar 20, 2016
Hambo161 said:
Heretic Elites, or you can't use Elites at all?
Heretic Elites don't exist on this level, they use a different biped than normal elites.

Yeah, I'm not what a good solution would be Sod, particularly one that isn't too cheese.

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
I'm considering giving the ultra/heavy Grunts a little shield - 50/100 strength, just so when they're driving around in their ghosts they can't be one shot because of their armour poking out.

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
KingWarren said:
Can't you meta inject the brutes into the map?
I don't know if injection is possible, I certainly don't know of a tool that does that

May 22, 2017
Oh you're right. Gravemind can extract the tags but upon trying to inject into another level it just loads the map you extracted from and crashes. Very strange.

Mar 15, 2013
The crash is due to the incomplete understanding of how the Vista tags work. On the Xbox we didn't have padding or random reverse tag writing. Having tags with a set of both pre and post compile data as well as some bits of raw data remaining in the tag, presents an extra 3 hurdles to overcome before proper injection could be done.

On a side note, Vista does not have the map encryption signature we used to have to calculate on the Xbox version. But, you could also conscider the padding added to tags to be the equivilant.