Halo 5: Forge on PC!!!

Jun 5, 2013
Butuan City, Philippines
www.facebook.com
Gamertag
protato117
Forge, the map editing tool for Halo 5: Guardians, is coming to Windows 10.

Halo 5’s Forge will release for Windows 10 PC later this year
It will be a free download and will come with the following new features designed “specifically with PC users” in mind:

Keyboard & Mouse Support – For the first time ever, Forgers will have the option of using a keyboard & mouse allowing for more precision and control than ever before.
Increased Resolution – Support for multiple resolutions including 4k.
Test and Play with Friends – Enlist the help of Friends to help build, test, and play your Forge creations on Windows 10. :eek: :eek:
Build on Windows 10 and Publish to Xbox One – Experiences built on Windows 10 can be published to and played on Xbox One, opening the doors for countless new experiences to be enjoyed by players all over the world.
343 Industries said it will have more to share on Forge for Windows 10 PC in the coming months along with information on new environments, advanced file sharing capabilities, new pieces, palettes, props, and more for the Xbox One version.

Halo 5 Forge will release for Windows 10 PC later this year. The editing tool was released for the game on Xbox One back in December.

Does this mean we can technically play some sort of Halo 5 forge MP?! for free?! If so then the future of Halo PC isn't too grim anymore!

https://www.vg247.com/2016/05/19/halo-5 ... this-year/

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
unitedfalconclan.roflforum.net
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
Haha, I was talking about this with people in the Eldewrito discord channel. Its pretty sweet, (I mean its free =P) but no one knows why Microsoft and 343 did this
Maybe to give PC gamers a taste of the Halo 5 engine?

All in all, its definitely a step closer to Halo coming back to PC, a very good step indeed.

PNill

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Oct 25, 2015
Gamertag
TDxPermaNulled
UF ShadowTeddy said:
Haha, I was talking about this with people in the Eldewrito discord channel. Its pretty sweet, (I mean its free =P) but no one knows why Microsoft and 343 did this
Maybe to give PC gamers a taste of the Halo 5 engine?

All in all, its definitely a step closer to Halo coming back to PC, a very good step indeed.
inb4 modders like myself and eldewrito start turning into halo 5 PC lol.

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
Itll be cool to see this on PC. We would only be able to play the custom maps no single player or MP either. Just the custom creations. I'll have to build a new PC.... Mine is down.... Broke AF and going through some stuff atm that might take me awhile to fix and what not but I'm hoping for the best. I'll try to pop in every once in awhile and get a computer built... But I gotta take care of business first lol

Peace out.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Exciting news! After the recent Halo releases (Halo: Online Alpha & Beta, Halo: Spartan Assault & Strike, the Halo Wars 2 announcement) a new Halo FPS on PC was inevitable, with the Microsoft Store being the downside.

This could be very promising, I just hope they give us the full enchilada instead of some cheap-o 50¢ burrito taco.

PNill

Lead Dev
Oct 25, 2015
Gamertag
TDxPermaNulled
UF ShadowTeddy said:
Indeed!
Another FPS halo release on PC now seems inevitable, we now need the real releases!
Except for the fact Microsoft has already confirmed another Halo FPS will not be coming to PC this is basically just a tease to get people to get xboxes, and further the 'integration' between xbox one and PC.

supersniper

The lost soul
Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
supersniper
yeah this has nothing to do with halo fps series on PC. this is a wild attempt at Microsoft to get developers to use Windows UAP which I have been reading that most major developing studios do not like or do not want to adapt too.

It's also a consumer ploy to get PC players to by console to play the game they can make maps for on their Windows 10 PC's...

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Apparently you can make and test the maps on Windows 10.

No, you guys are missing the point; Fable, Project Spark, Quantum Break, Killer Instinct, Forza, Gears, Halo...Microsoft's Xbox brand is becoming synonymous with Windows 10. We just got some recent Halo titles on the PC and more are coming, including Halo Wars 2. This is the next Halo FPS on PC, unless Halo: Online returns, which I doubt at this point because of this announcement. In fact, we have two exclusive Halos the Xbox never got; Halo: Custom Edition & Halo: Online. Windows gaming generates so much money now that Microsoft can no longer ignore us. Good times ahead.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
That depends, some people only care about the MP or the ability to design a map. I'd prefer to have all the features but its not surprising when we look at previous Halo on PC releases. Both Halo: CE PC & Halo 2 Vista shipped without some of the Xbox features, namely split-screen, co-op, and match-making (Halo 2). Halo: Spartan Assault had co-op as well, but only for the Xbox edition.

So, sure, we're not getting the full feature set but we still get to play it, Forge it, and then mod it on the PC.

EDIT (More new nfos):

First Click: Microsoft could turn every PC into an Xbox

Reddit comment thread

Microsoft is currently working on a secret project internally, codenamed Helix. Kotaku originally reported on the Project Helix name, and the work is designed to more closely combine Xbox and Windows 10. Some of that work has started, but more of it is due later this year and next year with future upgrades to Windows 10. Microsoft wants to enable features like streaming PC games to the Xbox One, but sources familiar with the company's plans also tell us there are greater ambitions to make Xbox One games playable on a PC without needing a console for streaming.
This cannot come soon enough; imagine buying one game and then being able to play it on the PC or the XBox. A win-win situation!

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
unitedfalconclan.roflforum.net
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
Yeah. If they were to release a fixed MCC on PC, it would solve everything imo
Like HCE:A and H2:A on PC would be incredbile, not to mention Halo 3 (which everyone has wanted for quite a long time) and Halo 4.
Kills Alone said:
This cannot come soon enough; imagine buying one game and then being able to play it on the PC or the XBox. A win-win situation!
This honestly reminds me of steam, You buy the game and have access to the downloadable version and the CD Key (atleast that was the case when buying a GFWL game)