Hi, need help again, but with character behaviour

Mar 15, 2017
Gamertag
FB GameFreak nz
Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to change the behaviour of the Elite Ultra/Zealots. I'm trying to make it that the Ultra/Zealot Elites can't go enraged, drop their weapon(s) and draw their sword out when you go up close to them/deplete their shields. I've been trying to play around with the char, bipd, hmtl and scnr tags, but in all honesty, I've had no success and have no idea what I am doing. I'm currently trying to edit the High Charity map in H2V to make the battles between the Loyalists and Separatists more epic to me. Thanks for reading, and any help will be much appreciated. :)

And also, does anyone know how to make an Elite fire Plasma Pistols as fast as the Grunt Ultras/SpecOps?

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
Maybe try messing around with their parent/major character etc, it should be in their Elite Char subsection.
Or if you really wanted, change a Minor elites hp stats to the same as a zealot/ultra and change the minors armour colour.

Mar 20, 2016
XBNZgamefreak said:
Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to change the behaviour of the Elite Ultra/Zealots. I'm trying to make it that the Ultra/Zealot Elites can't go enraged, drop their weapon(s) and draw their sword out when you go up close to them/deplete their shields. I've been trying to play around with the char, bipd, hmtl and scnr tags, but in all honesty, I've had no success and have no idea what I am doing. I'm currently trying to edit the High Charity map in H2V to make the battles between the Loyalists and Separatists more epic to me. Thanks for reading, and any help will be much appreciated. :)
I'm assuming you're using Assembly for these changes.

Have you tried unflagging "Berserk Whenever Charged" under Charge Properties in the elite_ultra.char tag?

XBNZgamefreak said:
And also, does anyone know how to make an Elite fire Plasma Pistols as fast as the Grunt Ultras/SpecOps?
grunt.char has its own plasma pistol firing properties that overwrites inherited generic.char values. elite.char, however, simply inherits plasma pistol firing properties from generic.char. Therefore, you have to go to the elite.char tag under "Weapon Properties" and change the values you see there to what you see in the grunt.char. Luckily for you, elite.char has an unassigned weapon properties block that you can do whatever you want with.

Mar 15, 2017
Gamertag
FB GameFreak nz
Sod said:
Maybe try messing around with their parent/major character etc, it should be in their Elite Char subsection.
Or if you really wanted, change a Minor elites hp stats to the same as a zealot/ultra and change the minors armour colour.
I never thought of doing that last part. Thanks!

Ling Ling said:
I'm assuming you're using Assembly for these changes.

Have you tried unflagging "Berserk Whenever Charged" under Charge Properties in the elite_ultra.char tag?
I was using an older version of Assembly because I couldn't update it for some reason, and that version didn't have Charge Properties. But after seeing this comment, I re-downloaded Assembly and have updated it to the latest version. I unflagged it and it works! Thanks!

Ling Ling said:
grunt.char has its own plasma pistol firing properties that overwrites inherited generic.char values. elite.char, however, simply inherits plasma pistol firing properties from generic.char. Therefore, you have to go to the elite.char tag under "Weapon Properties" and change the values you see there to what you see in the grunt.char. Luckily for you, elite.char has an unassigned weapon properties block that you can do whatever you want with.
Thank you guys for the help! :)

I have one more question. Some of the characters don't have any character stats, like the zealot and elite honor guard, and when I show information and add a count, it looks like this:

And everytime I try to edit the values of the elite_zealot and elite_honor_guard characters, it cause the game to crash during the loading screen of the map

Is there anyway to see these values normally like other characters' stats like this (pic below) and also be able to edit it without cause the game to crash:

If not then that's fine. Thanks for your guys' help with the other issues! :)

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
I think it's because the Zealot/Honor Guard use stats from the Ultra I believe (in some maps), that's why they don't have their stats displayed.
Unfortunately while editing Halo 2, you cannot use the 'add' button, it only works on newer Halo games (H3 and up) and using it will cause the map to be unplayable.

Just remember to back-up your modded maps as you go along, just in-case you save something that is game-breaking ~ Since you seem to be exploring the uses of Assembly a bit, it would be wise.

Keep modding, I'm excited to see a final product of this High Charity epic battle which is under way.

Mar 20, 2016
XBNZgamefreak said:
I have one more question. Some of the characters don't have any character stats, like the zealot and elite honor guard, and when I show information and add a count, it looks like this:

And everytime I try to edit the values of the elite_zealot and elite_honor_guard characters, it cause the game to crash during the loading screen of the map

Is there anyway to see these values normally like other characters' stats like this (pic below) and also be able to edit it without cause the game to crash:

If not then that's fine. Thanks for your guys' help with the other issues! :)
As Sod has said, the block reallocater doesn't work. You're simply stuck with the blocks you already have.

The way char tags work is that they start with a base (typically, ai_generic.char), inherit everything, and then overwrite whatever. The char tag that any other char tag directly inherits from is called the "Parent Gunner" in Assembly. So the inheritance hierarchy for the elite zealot tag looks like this:

generic ---> elite minor ---> elite major ---> elite zealot

If the elite zealot doesn't have health listed, that simply means it inherited the elite majors health without an overwrite. But lets say we were looking for weapon properties of the plasma rifle. Then, we'd start at zealot, see that it has nothing listed for the plasma rifle, and then go to major. Major has nothing, move to minor. Minor has nothing, move to generic, and then we'll be able to see the exact values that the elite zealot inherited for use with the plasma rifle.