¿How do I create a dedicated server?

Himanshu01

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
May 16, 2013
India
Gamertag
Himanshu01
With the current version having many servers causes the Browser list to become unstable (more Flickering)
So Hosting public dedis is not an option right now
With future updates it will be available though
But right now we cannot afford too many servers
Hope u understand that

May 2, 2018
Gamertag
NazzT
With the current version having many servers causes the Browser list to become unstable (more Flickering)
Hope u understand that

Is there a way we can get our own servers added to the network list....excuse me if im being ignorant, im new pc gaming. Just would like to see some map variety for the 24/7 FFA's. Even it was just a midship ffa Thanks

mills

Staff
Project Cartographer Staff
May 10, 2017
Nazz, you can create a game using the "Create a game" option on top of the server list. It will appear in the server list if your party privacy option is set to "Open" (it is by default, unless you change it).

You'll need to port forward as mentioned in the FAQ:
Verify that halo2.exe is allowed through all firewalls and that all inbound and outbound connects are allowed for the executable. Also verify that the correct ports are forwarded. Default is UDP 2000 - 2008 and TCP 2009, however they can change based on which ever port is specified in the config file. (just add 9 to get the port range)

May 2, 2018
Gamertag
NazzT
Hope u understand that

Is there a way we can get our own servers added to the network list....excuse me if im being ignorant, im new pc gaming. Just would like to see some map variety for the 24/7 FFA's. Even it was just a midship ffa Thanks
Nazz, you can create a game using the "Create a game" option on top of the server list. It will appear in the server list if your party privacy option is set to "Open" (it is by default, unless you change it).

You'll need to port forward as mentioned in the FAQ:
Thanks I understand how to create a game as you mentioned, but I am wondering if it possible to have a dedicated server that I am hosting to the list? such as the smg clan has theirs

Thanks