How to Create a LAN Game to play with friends

May 11, 2018
Gamertag
Red Sun Master
hello, i want to host a LAN game but when i go to Network and host a game another computer on the same network comes up with the error. "Unable to Join" i have the latest version of Cartographer. Can someone please help

Himanshu01

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
May 16, 2013
India
Gamertag
Himanshu01
I guess u guys are on same network as u have said that
So idk if u have already read Faq or not but sure do try this

I can't play with my friends on the same network
Each client that is behind the same external IP needs to have a different port setting. Open the config (%localappdata%/Microsoft/Halo 2/halo2configX.ini) and change port = 2000 to port = 3000 or whatever you want.

May 11, 2018
Gamertag
Red Sun Master
I guess u guys are on same network as u have said that
So idk if u have already read Faq or not but sure do try this

I can't play with my friends on the same network
Each client that is behind the same external IP needs to have a different port setting. Open the config (%localappdata%/Microsoft/Halo 2/halo2configX.ini) and change port = 2000 to port = 3000 or whatever you want.
i have also tried port forwarding but i still get the same error when i try to connect from a different computer. is there a current tutorial on how to create a dedicated server step by step

mills

Staff
Project Cartographer Staff
May 10, 2017
if you can not be joined by a computer on another network, this needs to be fixed first.

it'll probably be either a port forwarding mistake (make sure ports, protocol & local ip are correct), either a firewall issue (try disabling it temporarily? or make sure you have allowed incoming connections through it)

Apr 25, 2017
if you can not be joined by a computer on another network, this needs to be fixed first.

it'll probably be either a port forwarding mistake (make sure ports, protocol & local ip are correct), either a firewall issue (try disabling it temporarily? or make sure you have allowed incoming connections through it)

It has tried to follow all the way of the eltra enabled the ports in my Router, disable the firewall of the systems and the antivirus and I am still unable to connect the equipment to the game that I have created. Could you tell me how to do it?