How Update 5.0 Didn't Improve

Dec 17, 2016
Gamertag
ThePapaDoodle
I've been a H2V member since 3.0 update, and its been a long and fun ride. For me, update 4.04 was when Halo 2 online was at its peak since the only thing I cared about is how smooth the game ran. It is cool to voice chat, earn achievements, and impersonate the old Halo 2 before its shutdown. The only problem I have and many other users are having with the update is that it is LAGGY, sometimes just downright unplayable. Framerate drops terribly after a while and some games have visual glitches, where rocket explosions or explosions overall can't be seen, players die way too late, and the audio slows down in the middle of the game where there is too much action. I wouldn't care to return to the network choice in the Halo interface, even if it sacrifices voice chat and online interface. I have 50 mps of internet and Halo 2 ran in 25-40 fps in update 4.04. Now the framerate is from 10-20 (NOT EVEN JOKING), and it's terribly laggy when everybody has full, green internet bars in the roaster. I would like to know if the game is going to be fixed since it's the testing of an early update, and when. For now, as many other players, I will stop playing this since it gets hilariously bad at times. Thank you for reading this Project Cratographer Team, please don't let this game stay how it is right now.

supersniper

The lost soul
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
supersniper
Instead of being entitled, properly provide examples of these situations.

We know these issues are here and are working on fixes. Instead of assuming we are a game company give us time to fix this, not a day.

Thank you "The Papa Doodle" for your continued support and patience.

Dec 29, 2018
Gamertag
Zoroastrians
Glad to know it wasn't just me that thought everything got a lot laggier, it did run very smoothly before this update and now every lobby has bad lag, even when most players have green bars.

Examples:
No message/killfeed when killing a player
Multi kill medals/announcer delayed
Invisible explosions like OP said
Teleporting/laggy players that have green bars
Late deaths

Not trying to nag, just pointing out my observations. Haven't noticed any frame rate drops like OP, although I will say it's unplayable much of the time as it is right now because of the lag.

Anz

Members
Mar 23, 2013
Gamertag
Anz11
I don´t know how to host custom maps lobbies on this version?!? Can someone help me?!?

Anz

Members
Mar 23, 2013
Gamertag
Anz11
Can´t be too demanding, but you guys have a lot of good work into this game!!!

Anz

Members
Mar 23, 2013
Gamertag
Anz11
Good teamwork!!!
I know you all have put some money and time in this too, so it´s fair that I put some money on it too!!!

Jun 20, 2017
Gamertag
kakektu
The wraith is currently unplayable on most of the maps, the shots are too lagged, it never hits...