I'm learning how to forge maps on Blender!

Aug 2, 2018
vizayen-music.com
Gamertag
Vizayen
Hello,
I'm on Blender.
I would write here the problems I would encounter during my apprenticeship !
My first problems:
1: I made a floor from which I extruded walls ... but on Sapien this object is super stretched in height! Why please ?
2: I put a cube on this ground and on Sapien it is buried in the ground ; Why please ?

[This will help other people ! ]

(I'm french, sorry for my english.)

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2018
vizayen-music.com
Gamertag
Vizayen
(Hi ! Thank you for your 2 tutorials that I read!)

I applied scale(xyz) and rotate (on z axis) on all the children of b_levelroot and b_levelroot too; but the cube is not at the right height! For the floor where I extruded the walls, I recreated it and it works. (I imagine there is an order to do things: for example: extrude first, then triangulate faces, etc. no ??) So, the cube is much higher than expected!

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2016
USA
Order shouldn't matter. How do you know it is much larger than you would expect it to be? Are you using the Spartan model I provided for scale or some other measure. It should come out looking about the same if scale was applied.

Aug 2, 2018
vizayen-music.com
Gamertag
Vizayen
Hi thanks,
I explain to you: my objects are not placed at the right height (Z axis), in Sapien; while they are in Blender; and so I can have "triangle outside bsb"!

Mar 15, 2013
That literally makes no sense. You need to post a screenshot of your map in Blender, and in Sapien. Pictures are always helpful.

Aug 2, 2018
vizayen-music.com
Gamertag
Vizayen
I created a map test. And I created a cube in the map. My cubes are either too high or too low-lying in Sapien; According to my test maps. . (My English is so bad? :confused:)

Question 2: Why does it say "triangle outside bsp"?

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2013
Without pictures or the blender file, it doesnt matter what language you speak in. The issue you are describing makes no sense, and geometry or instance objects don't magically change scale once ran through tool for compiling.

Aug 2, 2018
vizayen-music.com
Gamertag
Vizayen
Hello! If I smooth, it'll make more polygons, and it can slow down the game, right?

Another question ;) :
I have textures with: diffuse, normal, specular;
how do you put the specular bitmap in Guerilla, please?

Mar 15, 2013
Smoothing does not create more polygons. You are thinking of "tesselation". Smoothing is the process of blending angled polygons (like a sphere), to give it a smooth round appearance. When you have 2 or more smoothing groups defined for certain faces (polygons), sometimes where they meet, it will appear like the image you posted. As for specular maps, the only shader template that allows for specular maps are a few in the "transparent" shader templates, and one or two in "opaque", like tex_bump_tiling_specular. Keep in mind that Halo 2 doesn't really use specular maps well.