I'm sorry I cheated

Dec 31, 2018
Gamertag
oceanlegends
Not trying to make excuses or anything, but basically I was getting my butt kicked really hard. So I started being suspicious of cheating and downloaded a cheat just to see if somebody would actually respond and turns out they did :D
Yeah that was pretty embarrasing and I'm sorry. Can I get unbanned please?

Dec 31, 2018
Gamertag
oceanlegends
I know, I'm an idiot, I didn't want to appeal right away because I felt I deserved it. I waited for 9 months at least because I felt guilty because I wanted to serve the penalty. I'm appealing now, not because I deserve it, but simply because I'm hoping not to be forgiven, but to be given an undeserving second chance to play this game again. Basically, I'm sorry, can I get a second chance?

Jan 6, 2019
Maybe if the staff and developers spent more time on deflecting/deactivating these cheating programs with halo 2 rather than focusing mostly on their hardcore complex hardware ID perma ban system we would have a better community going on here. With every game comes cheaters, it's human nature.. But if you give them no opportunity to play again, act smug and superior on the forums when people apologize, you're going to lose a lot more players. Sure they're "script kiddie" scum but if you make it so easy to use any program, even the simplest like cheat engine attaching itself to halo 2, you're going to keep getting a massive amount cheaters who took their curiosity too far because you make it so easy to do so. Take by example more developed multiplayer games, even the free ones. Kill the source of the problem, not blame and shame it all on the foolish players. Just my 2 cents.

Jun 4, 2018
Shadow Moses, Alaska
Gamertag
That Sky Guy
Maybe if the staff and developers spent more time on deflecting/deactivating these cheating programs with halo 2 rather than focusing mostly on their hardcore complex hardware ID perma ban system we would have a better community going on here. With every game comes cheaters, it's human nature.. But if you give them no opportunity to play again, act smug and superior on the forums when people apologize, you're going to lose a lot more players. Sure they're "script kiddie" scum but if you make it so easy to use any program, even the simplest like cheat engine attaching itself to halo 2, you're going to keep getting a massive amount cheaters who took their curiosity too far because you make it so easy to do so. Take by example more developed multiplayer games, even the free ones. Kill the source of the problem, not blame and shame it all on the foolish players. Just my 2 cents.
Hello,

Although you make a valid point, no developer should have to change their game just to serve people who are 'curious'. Regardless of the circumstances and regardless of why people cheat, it is not allowed. You are warned from the first couple times you start the game and then every time after to NOT cheat, and yet people do it. If you do something wrong, you will suffer the consequences. There is no justification for rule-breaking.

I get where you're coming from. I do. But bottom line: If you knowingly break the rules or violate a community's guidelines, then you knowingly except the outcome.

Dec 31, 2018
Gamertag
oceanlegends
I didn-t even get a second chance bruh, yes Im a douche and a cheater. by nature I like to fuck things up when its too boring. But not getting a second chance its really bullshit. Some of us can be civilized on 0 tolerance enviroments which I now know this game is. Plus its been over 10 months.

tweek

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Nov 29, 2013
Maybe if the staff and developers spent more time on deflecting/deactivating these cheating programs with halo 2 rather than focusing mostly on their hardcore complex hardware ID perma ban system we would have a better community going on here.
At the time, banning accounts was easier. We has an anticheat one update in the past; it prevented any program from accessing halo2.exe, it was great. That also meant no streaming/recording/overlays. We are in the process of refining our anticheat