Lan Not Connecting

Oct 20, 2017
Hello. I'm having a 12 person lan party next weekend. Trying to get this set up. Does not seem to work for me. I can connect to other peoples servers but not my own.

Things I have done:
Port forward on the router 1000-1008
Port forward on the firewall
Disabled the firewalls
changed the port in the .ini file for each PC.
Tried it on 3 different computers.
Disabled all antivirus
Have no VPNs installed

I'm out of ideas. Anyone know whats going wrong?

tweek

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Nov 29, 2013
Sounds like NAT loopback issues. Common with cartographer and most router setups. The server would need to be outside your network, and then the 12 clients should be able to connect to it from 1 network

Oct 20, 2017
Sounds like NAT loopback issues. Common with cartographer and most router setups. The server would need to be outside your network, and then the 12 clients should be able to connect to it from 1 network

Hm il give it a shot. I have a sub to Torguard. Will host a server on that with it connected to Sydney server. Hopefully, the Ping is not too bad.

tweek

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Nov 29, 2013
So you mention 12 person party, are there going to be 12 computers or do you plan on doing splitscreen on some of them? Because another alternative is to use Games for Windows Live in LAN mode

Oct 20, 2017
So you mention 12 person party, are there going to be 12 computers or do you plan on doing splitscreen on some of them? Because another alternative is to use Games for Windows Live in LAN mode
12 computers are what we are doing. I wonder if I can run 2 instances of the game on the 1 PC. 1 instance using my LAN interface and the other using my VPN interface.

Oct 20, 2017
Seems the VPN did not work. I have to port forward on it and that requires a dedicated IP. Would Tungle work?