LAN not working, at all

Sep 24, 2018
Gamertag
Johrnbread
I'm trying to connect two computers over LAN and the other computer won't even show up in the network games tab. I'm testing with two for possibly up to four when I figure it out. Could it be because neither of them are signed in, because I don't exactly have four email addresses for that. They are both connected to the same switch and literally every other game with LAN detects them.

Himanshu01

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
May 16, 2013
India
Gamertag
Himanshu01
Firstly Cartographer mod requires Network tab,
therby u cant play on Lan using the mod even if u are offline

If u want to play in Lan then remove or rename xlive.dll in your Halo 2 root to disable the mod
Then That should enable Live services and create an offline Live account
Now connect all the 4 computers similarly and play on Lan
If you dont know how to make offline account fof live,follow this(dont give me credit for the video)

Oct 17, 2018
If u want to play in Lan then remove or rename xlive.dll in your Halo 2 root to disable the mod
Then That should enable Live services and create an offline Live account
Now connect all the 4 computers similarly and play on Lan
The problem with doing this is that when you remove or delete the xlive.dll then the game movement gets choppy/sluggish. Is there a way around or to fix this?

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018
The problem with doing this is that when you remove or delete the xlive.dll then the game movement gets choppy/sluggish. Is there a way around or to fix this?
OK, it's a framerate thing that seems to be causing the choppy/sluggishness. If you install a framerate limiter (Rivatuner being one of them) and set it to 60 FPS maximum the game smooths out and LAN play works great.

Dec 6, 2018
Gamertag
SurfaceH2
This problem is all over the net, as well as these forums. This has to be intentional or either a massive oversight. I feel like the project would be so much more popular if this functionally was resolved or responded to. At least some basic batch files or a tool in the cartographer interface to help diagnose or configure.

Feb 26, 2016
USA
LAN is not supported in this project as it is. If you want LAN then use the GFWL version of the game. This may change in the future but this isn't a confirmation of anything.

It might work if you fill in the LAN and WAN IP options in your ini file but that's not a guarantee and it will still require an internet connection to use our server broswer.

Dec 6, 2018
Gamertag
SurfaceH2
LAN is not supported in this project as it is. If you want LAN then use the GFWL version of the game. This may change in the future but this isn't a confirmation of anything.

It might work if you fill in the LAN and WAN IP options in your ini file but that's not a guarantee and it will still require an internet connection to use our server broswer.
I think it's fine if there's no lan support. But the issue of not being able to connect to a server that's hosted in the same network as you is a pain. It's fine if the server is using the web dashboard etc. But the ability to have it detect other hosts/clients and adjust or a native workaround on the server side would be great. I think it would make it more popular. Hopefully I can configure a powershell to populate the clients lan and wan automatically and provide me the base port assigned so that I can play with friends at my house. Otherwise it's pretty frustrating to explain when I try to have a game night with friends.