Launcher virus

Jul 23, 2017
Gamertag
mtyh517
It seems in the last week, every time I launch the startup, right as its updating, I get a virus. then it deletes the launcher. I know my antivirus sees suspicious behavior but i do end up getting a virus anyway. It never did this before though. Just me? Any fixes?

supersniper

The lost soul
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
supersniper
https://www.sslshopper.com/cheap-code-signing-certificates.html
If people want to help me pay for this then I'm all game
However I'm not spending 200+ dollars because people can't whitelist a damn application
The source is open sourced. They know exactly what they are downloading
I have no sympathy for them.
Best option is to send in the file to all major virus protection and have it verified that it's clean

Or download your file to a whitelisted location on your computer. This way your virus protection won't claim it as dangerous.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2016
It seems in the last week, every time I launch the startup, right as its updating, I get a virus. then it deletes the launcher. I know my antivirus sees suspicious behavior but i do end up getting a virus anyway. It never did this before though. Just me? Any fixes?
What is your anti-virus?

Jul 23, 2017
Gamertag
mtyh517
Nah, Kaspersky. I should mention that this happens only when the launcher downloads new updates, and a trojan apparently rolled in with the updates.

Aug 16, 2017
steamcommunity.com
Gamertag
Sainty x kiss
am using norton (i know is not the best program to use since it eats RAM and CPU) but i have the H2Launcher.exe on my computer and i run the program norton removes it but i had to make a blacklisted file where halo 2 and the H2Launcher.exe file can only be used in

if your AV is deleting the file when you run the .EXE file try to make a file and blacklist your AV from scanning what goes on in that file it worked for me and lots of other games

Attachments