Major overheating problems exclusive to Halo 2

Apr 28, 2015
Gamertag
BodilyColt6
Specs:
GTX 970
i5 3350p
8gb ddr3-1333

My gpu usage spikes to 100% when trying to play Halo 2 (this is using both the torrented Halo 2 and the ISO halo 2 from the installation guide here: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5181- ... o-2-vista/). The GPU's temperature goes through the roof and begins to make a whining noise that scares me pretty badly. At first I assumed something was wrong with my card. So I launched several other games (Skyrim, Arkham Origins, Far Cry 4) and none them had this effect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jul 25, 2015
I bought Halo 2 and every time I try to install it, my laptop overheats and shuts off!!

I have a Dell XPS M1710, it plays Halo CE at full HD without an issue, never shuts off.. in facy I have never had an issue in over a year that I have had the laptopl

I thought is was the CD drive, so I made an ISO of the disk and mounted it with a virtual cd drive to bypass my mechanical drive and it still overheats and shuts off, whats the deal here?

Full specs:

2.33 duo 2 core
4gb ram
512 Nvidia Geforce 7950 GTX

When I bought the laptop over a year ago it had a bad video card, but I replaced it and cleaned both the fans and replace the heat sink grease on BOTH the graphics and CPU, so they should be fine.

ANy clue?

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
Installing it??? you should just copy the disk over to a folder on your desktop* and from there you can install the game from the desktop which would probably be better

when you play the game you gotta turn on vsync in the nvidia control panel* the game is running so fast its killing the machine and overheating it lol some reason halo 2 tends to do that apparently lol