Maps

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
I've been thinking about coming back and making a map or two or something, wasn't very good at making a home brew map, just cut paste weld and combine maps lol. But idk. Lost everything I had...lol like gbs of bitmaps and files lmao but it's probably best to start fresh, everything was a mess and my friend said how the heck do you make maps everything's labeled weird and out of order LOL

But I think I can get most of it back and make some new stuff.

Also, it'd be awesome to get MCC graphics on to h2v lol :) but sadly that's probably impossible without making a new game lol

I've been on the fence with this. Miss the game and people and helping etc. But I'll figure something out... :/

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
ive attempted to make a map. have no idea what im doing atm lol i forgot the majority of the process. but im trying to figure it out. made a basic map. but will have to find my h2 disk to install the map editor or find a backup from somewhere :/ lol

might have to find a tutorial video again.

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
found the tutorials, may have some weird map at some point. not sure when. found some back ups of everything i had from before. just going to have to make some new textures and what not lol

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
Thank you, yeah I've been trying, got it to load and compile. Had to install map editor to secondary drive due to permissions lol -_- yeah it's very laggy and slow in sapien. It used to be smooth and stuff. Idk why. Might be due to GTX 1060 being to new? Lol

Feb 26, 2016
USA
Actually yea about the GTX thing. I recommend using H2Codez on your map editor install. One of the things it can help solve is framerate issues in Sapien since it's basically running in software mode but it does a lot more than that like real time tag editing. Makes shader editing a hell of a lot easier.
https://halo2.online/threads/h2codez-this-shit-is-better-than-mayonnaise.2065/
If you are using the H2EK unlocked versions of the tools then drop those and use H2Codez instead. H2Codez does everything those tools do and more while being way more stable. There is a feature list there that you can look through to see what is being offered. Even fixes things like referencing squads and placement scripts for AI stuff.

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
figured out my problem,

opengl rendering gpu was set to auto and was using my older gpu thats only connected to a riser for other rendering things. so it was not running at full capacity, once i switched to the 1060, smooth as butter, sort of but 100xs better. then i found the stupid command for the menu. home+middle mouse button+pg up. then hid all geo errors and ran smoother lol

thank you and will figure out the h2codes, im sure i just have to drag and drop, but its me i have no idea wtf im doing half the time lol

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
Ok, nevermind. It's fkd again lol idk what it's problem is. But yeah basically going to have to wait and figure it out. Tried finishing an old sanctuary map I had and yeah no go. Then tried doing example. No go again. Nothing. Lol oh well. Maybe in another 5 years I'll get something done. Lol
Super laggy and can't get anything done. -_- just lags and freezes up. Guessing I'll have to take a look at a new PC, or something else going on. Maybe remove the extra cards and update drivers. Idk why that'd be an issue up maybe. Peace out lol -_- fking h2v lol :( always giving me the shats lol