New Laptop Suggestions

Apr 6, 2013
Boston, Ma
Gamertag
GUL74
So I'm thinking of getting a new laptop for myself cause I'm getting back on my taxes . I currently have a toshiba satellite L455-S5009 http://www.cnet.com/laptops/toshiba-satellite-l455-s5009/4507-3121_7-33995983.html and want to get something a little faster then what I have now I don't do ton of gaming on my laptop except for (H2V,UT,TF2) but would like the option in case I see something new . So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
GUL74

Kantanomo

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
Gamertag
H2Bot
What you should do is build a Gaming desktop that you do for all of your gaming, then wipe your laptop and use it for general use. You can get a whole lot more in a desktop than you will in laptop for about the same amount of money TBH. But if you really want to get a laptop.... check this one .lul

Mar 25, 2013
Houston, TX
Gamertag
PCTechmaster07
H2Bot said:
What you should do is build a Gaming desktop that you do for all of your gaming, then wipe your laptop and use it for general use.
^This. Laptops are great for computing on the go but gaming..........not so much. If you just want to get a laptop though I'd recommend anything from ASUS. :cool:

Apr 6, 2013
Boston, Ma
Gamertag
GUL74
Yeah I kinda got no choice on the laptop due to my living situation or I would buy a desktop . I was gonna ask about ASUS stuff cause Ive never used it

Apr 6, 2013
Boston, Ma
Gamertag
GUL74
PCTechmaster07 said:
H2Bot said:
What you should do is build a Gaming desktop that you do for all of your gaming, then wipe your laptop and use it for general use.
^This. Laptops are great for computing on the go but gaming..........not so much. If you just want to get a laptop though I'd recommend anything from ASUS. :cool:

anything in ASUS I should look at maybe something you saw recently

Apr 6, 2013
Boston, Ma
Gamertag
GUL74
Shawn said:
Maybe get a desktop. They are way better than a laptop
I wish I could cause I got a buddy who would build me a sweet one but my living situation just wouldn't allow it so I gotta do the laptop instead

Apr 6, 2013
Boston, Ma
Gamertag
GUL74
Apr 6, 2013
Boston, Ma
Gamertag
GUL74
Hayzul said:
Are you not in one place? If there's a place you stay at regularly (just not permanently) I'd recommend building a desktop to keep there and just using your laptop at other places.
It's more of the room factor but even still I may need to leave at some point

Feb 15, 2013
Melbourne, FL
www.shawnm5.com
Gamertag
Shawnm1700
there is no "gaming" laptops available that are descent under $1,000 that can play games at a descent quality.
if you want something to game on its a desktop that you will have to go with.
but if you must insist what is your price range?

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
The laptop you linked to (the Asus) is actually over-priced for what they are giving you and overall I'd say you will disappointed in its gaming performance. Even many laptops with "good" GPUs (graphics card) usually run a cut down mobile version of the real card hence the M attached to many a GPU's name.

If you do not need the full gaming performance when you are mobile perhaps you should consider a combo of a mid-range desktop and a low-priced laptop/tablet. You could probably get both for ~$800-$1,000 depending on upgrade options.

Mar 25, 2013
Houston, TX
Gamertag
PCTechmaster07
Kills Alone said:
The laptop you linked to (the Asus) is actually over-priced for what they are giving you and overall I'd say you will disappointed in its gaming performance.
^This. The specs on what you sent are ok for web browsing and watching movies, but it wont do too well with games (I'm not even going to get started on the price -_-: ).

If you want a gaming laptop you might want to look at something like this (just a new one); like Kills said though the GPU wont be as good as the desktop version.

I'd try looking at Newegg.com for these.

Here's a link for the ASUS laptops that newegg currently has.

Mar 6, 2013
Hell
murder-your-family.tumblr.com
Gamertag
xHayzul
PCTechmaster07 said:
Kills Alone said:
The laptop you linked to (the Asus) is actually over-priced for what they are giving you and overall I'd say you will disappointed in its gaming performance.
^This. The specs on what you sent are ok for web browsing and watching movies, but it wont do too well with games (I'm not even going to get started on the price -_-: ).

If you want a gaming laptop you might want to look at something like this (just a new one); like Kills said though the GPU wont be as good as the desktop version.

He also linked it from Best Buy.

Apr 6, 2013
Boston, Ma
Gamertag
GUL74
PCTechmaster07 said:
Kills Alone said:

I'm checking newegg out now I actually forgot about them