[NEW MAP] High Ground

Mar 15, 2013
Continuing the momentum, I have up for grabs today the one and only, highly anticipated and Halo 3 favorite.... HIGH GROUND! Fresh from Twin's packaging center to your mouth holes. Map is a true 1:1 to the H3 counterpart, with some changes due to Halo 2's limitations. Some changes include not all decorative objects are in place, no working gates or fences, etc.

That being said, map is a fantastic addition to the H2 roster and I can't wait to see what type of gametypes and hijinx result from it. Enjoy guys!

highground_1.jpg

highground_2.jpg

highground_3.jpg

Grab your map here! https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlyOXGKil8jftC5LueRTeePDrT2E?e=IsQPJU

Anz

Members
Mar 23, 2013
Gamertag
Anz11
Thanks for these 2 new maps Twin. Gotta go play them rn. Could you possibly post a link for your Powerhouse map too, only have the beta version and it wont download for people ingame.

Anz

Members
Mar 23, 2013
Gamertag
Anz11
Damn good map Twin, i thought you quit making these maps. Thankfully not!!!
Maybe you should add some H3 weapons to the map like laser and maybe the lift?!?

Pow

Members
Jul 1, 2019
Gamertag
Pow
The highground map is great, but is there any way you could make the light a bit brighter on it? All the textures seem really dark. The map model is spot on though, nicely done.

Anz

Members
Mar 23, 2013
Gamertag
Anz11
I am damn grateful that you still make these maps Twin. Keep on doing what you do!!!
Same goes to Project Cartographer makers!!!
We all appriciate the work you do!!!!
Majid is magic?!?

'
Supersnipers

Mar 15, 2013
I tried my best with the lighting, using close to 1:1 sky settigns as much as I could. Due to the way that Halo 3 handles lighting (true dynamic), the radiosity settings are not viewable due to lack of proper plugin mapping. I thought about adding volume lighting in certain spots, but the amount of time it takes to run radiosity on final release settings just to slowly adjust power to get it right is awful. Just wanted to get this map out there finally.

Maybe in the future I'll revisit it, but for now I have a ton more maps to push out before MCC starts to slowly drop. I apreciate all the positive comments and talk. Definately makes it worth all the trouble to keep doing this.

Anz

Members
Mar 23, 2013
Gamertag
Anz11
Thanks Twin, Boarding Action was really well made too. Lot better than the original!

Anz

Members
Mar 23, 2013
Gamertag
Anz11
Tried some gametypes on it and 1flag and 1bomb and you couldnt pick up the bomb or flag. They just returned to the spawn when trying to pick them up. Oddball had similar glitch, where you could pick it up, but when dropped it immeadiately returned on spawn. Would be cool if you could fix that, otherwise a great map.