Sapien is being Sapien

Mar 20, 2016
Whenever I launch Sapien, the upper left loading screen pops up without any other windows. Once its done, the loading screen disappears and nothing else appears. Sapien shows up as an icon on my taskbar, but that's it; no other visual evidence appears that would confirm its actually running. Guerrilla and Tool (and all their variations, TST, DONE, NEW, SoloHack, ect.) run just fine. This has been happening for a month now, and I'm not sure why.

I've tried reinstalling the map editor file set, clearing out potential problematic files, restarting my computer and vainly searching the Internet to no avail. Its not the worst problem in the world since 99% of everything I do in H2 is done in Guerrilla, but its still mildly helpful for referencing where stuff is in the scenario and debugging script stuff with the console.

Any help in fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

DEAR FUTURE PERSON READING THIS:

To fix this, hold shift, right click on Sapien, maximize. Solution discovered by T3CHNIQUE, someone clearly smarter than me.

Himanshu01

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
May 16, 2013
India
Gamertag
Himanshu01
Weird
Are u sure the Scenario you are loading is fine and not corupt?
Try Opening the example one

Also Try running go to Compatibility Tab and
1.Run it in Windows Vista
2.Disable Visual Themes
3.Disable Desktop Composition

Mar 20, 2016
Himanshu01 said:
Weird
Are u sure the Scenario you are loading is fine and not corupt?
Try Opening the example one

Also Try running go to Compatibility Tab and
1.Run it in Windows Vista
2.Disable Visual Themes
3.Disable Desktop Composition
Yep. I've tested example, my own maps, and H2MT scenarios. All compile just fine. None work with Sapien.

Compatibility was the first thing I tried (its already my default solution for dealing with ancient HPC software). No luck. It should be noted that it worked just fine without compatibility up until it started with this behavior.

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
sorry to bump, but sapien would show the loading scripts, compiling map etc small window, for me and nothing else would popup. it would hide itself and i would have to maximize sapien. either taskmanager, or hover over sapien logo below in the taskbar -right click and hit maximize or hold WIN+P and select computer only, it should bring sapien back*