Strange flicking screen issue after Bungie splash screen

Feb 10, 2018
Gamertag
Anthony817
Hey guys, having trouble getting the game to run. I have a fresh install, and went to play it but after it gets past the splash screen the screen flickers like crazy and it is almost like it is loosing the signal. I can see part of the desktop background in the screen but then screen goes black for a second before flickering back to the partially shown desktop. I have an RX 570 with latest drivers, and Windows 10 64 bit.

Feb 10, 2018
Gamertag
Anthony817
Unbelievable and unprofrfesional that you guys provide absolutely no support for the project at all. I have released 2 total conversion mods for Battlefield 2 myself and working on my 3rd, and I ALWAYS give support to every person who has any problem or I try and point them to people that can help. All this time later and I am still unable to get the game working.

Feb 10, 2018
Gamertag
Anthony817
Lol. MSI RX 570 Armor OC with latest drivers. I even had the same problem with the drivers before last.

Thanks for replying. Been ages and thought nobody was going to try and help.

Edit: And I just realized I already mentioned I had an RX 570 in my original post. It is one of these, which is a discrete modern GPU.

570.jpg

Last edited:
May 29, 2015
Teddyland
unitedfalconclan.roflforum.net
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
That can't be right lol
I have an nvidia card and am on latest drivers :O

You sure the game is running on your GPU?
Check the nvidia control panel (Right click the desktop) and see what the global settings are for driving graphics (Set a program rule as well to be sure)

Feb 10, 2018
Gamertag
Anthony817
Are you even paying attention to what I said lmfao? AMD MSI RX 570 browski. AMD... Obviously it is working with every other game, so this has to be some other reason. Thanks for trying to help but I keep saying it is an AMD GPU but it seems to be lost on you hehe.

Himanshu01

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
May 16, 2013
India
Gamertag
Himanshu01
Its flickering?
What about the fps?
I hope u have locked it to 60 else it would something like that
Still its very weird for it to behave like that

And yea sry again for the late response

Edit: Some people say changing from 144Hz to 120 Hz fixes it temporarily
https://community.amd.com/thread/202408

Locking FPS or trying a different Refresh rate might be a solution u less Amd fixes it maybe?

Edit 2: Halo 2 Breaks at Refresh rate above 60 or so

Last edited:

mills

Staff
Project Cartographer Staff
May 10, 2017
i have flickering issues when the game is not running on my dedicated gpu (in the gpu settings). have you checked those?

Feb 10, 2018
Gamertag
Anthony817
Well I haven't even been able to get into the settings to change anything yet. My screen is an old 2005 43" Pioneer plasma TV. Should be 60hz.

Thanks for the reply though. And this motherboard and CPU have no other graphics. There is ZERO on board graphics on this AsRock mobo.
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/970 Extreme4/

I thought it odd a motherboard wouldn't even have any kind of onboard chipset but it doesn't at all.

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
unitedfalconclan.roflforum.net
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
Are you even paying attention to what I said lmfao? AMD MSI RX 570 browski. AMD... Obviously it is working with every other game, so this has to be some other reason. Thanks for trying to help but I keep saying it is an AMD GPU but it seems to be lost on you hehe.
Lolololololol no i wasn't haha
As for flickering on AMD gpus, I've never heard of it happening on AMDs side. Only intel/Nvidia.

If you haven't already, try rolling back a driver/clean installing it?