The Problem(s) with Project Cartographer

Nov 19, 2018
Gamertag
Harinezumi
On paper this sounds like an amazing idea, and it really is, Halo 2 PC revived for everyone to play, however from my experience I've come across far too many problems that completely destroy the experience for me and make this game completely unsatisfying to play online. One such problem would be the online itself and the issues with some weapons, the first being that the energy sword just doesnt work, the sword lunge never works and by the time you get close enough to kill someone they just spin around and 1 shot you with their overpowered BR. The second problem being the BR itself, I could be landing consistent headshots on an opponent and be the first to fire on them and yet somehow I'm the first to die, how the hell is this fair by any means? If someone could give a reasonable explanation as to how I can be landing BR hits on them and have their shield down first yet I'm still the first to die I would love to hear it, because so far it makes me assume everyone on the opposing team is cheating. The third problem is the garbage players you run into online, the majority of them dont speak any English so you're stuck with a lobby of people who you cant communicate with and all they do is spam "jajaja" repeatedly in the text chat. This probably isnt my place to suggest this, but can we please get some English only servers for crying out loud? I'd like to have an actual sense of community with my Halo instead of more isolation like every other modern FPS ever has right now.

Nov 22, 2016
It would be super helpful if Ping information was available when selecting a server to see what server offers the best online game experience for our connection:

H2VGameDetails.png

I believe they are working on it and a lot of complex coding is probably involved, so it's easy for me just to say "I wish we had in-game Ping details."
I do appreciate all the hard work this team has put into this project and I still think the future is bright.

Until then, it wold be nice to perhaps give us some Server Locations of the main servers, so we can go off that for now.

Himanshu01

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
May 16, 2013
India
Gamertag
Himanshu01
One such problem would be the online itself and the issues with some weapons, the first being that the energy sword just doesnt work, the sword lunge never works and by the time you get close enough to kill someone they just spin around and 1 shot you with their overpowered BR. The second problem being the BR itself, I could be landing consistent headshots on an opponent and be the first to fire on them and yet somehow I'm the first to die, how the hell is this fair by any means? If someone could give a reasonable explanation as to how I can be landing BR hits on them and have their shield down first yet I'm still the first to die I would love to hear it, because so far it makes me assume eve
I dont see any of the problems Project cartographer introduced or caused.BR users tend to use double shot which isnt a hack but a glitch in the orignal game instead
Nevertheless we are trying to fix the hit sync as much possible

>Sword not working
Yea u can blame high ping for that

And no this project was never meant to be region specific or so,if your teammates are that dumb then theres no way to help you sorry
It would be super helpful if Ping information was available when selecting a server to see what server offers the best online game experience for our connection:

View attachment 329
Yea next update should probably have it working.

Most of the servers are US based
GlitchyServer is AUS
War Games and [H4L] servers are EU based
i suppose MLG H2X servers also US based

Nov 25, 2018
Gamertag
ThexHaloxfreak
imagine bitching about a free port of your childhood sweetheart. i just made this account to ask why half of the controls are fucked up but im not bitching. dont you remember these problems on the original shitbox?
( ͡° _ʖ ͡°)

Oct 26, 2018
On paper this sounds like an amazing idea, and it really is, Halo 2 PC revived for everyone to play, however from my experience I've come across far too many problems that completely destroy the experience for me and make this game completely unsatisfying to play online. One such problem would be the online itself and the issues with some weapons, the first being that the energy sword just doesnt work, the sword lunge never works and by the time you get close enough to kill someone they just spin around and 1 shot you with their overpowered BR. The second problem being the BR itself, I could be landing consistent headshots on an opponent and be the first to fire on them and yet somehow I'm the first to die, how the hell is this fair by any means? If someone could give a reasonable explanation as to how I can be landing BR hits on them and have their shield down first yet I'm still the first to die I would love to hear it, because so far it makes me assume everyone on the opposing team is cheating. The third problem is the garbage players you run into online, the majority of them dont speak any English so you're stuck with a lobby of people who you cant communicate with and all they do is spam "jajaja" repeatedly in the text chat. This probably isnt my place to suggest this, but can we please get some English only servers for crying out loud? I'd like to have an actual sense of community with my Halo instead of more isolation like every other modern FPS ever has right now.
yep sucks huh? you should go play online without the mod then..oh wait

Nov 4, 2014
Gamertag
Sepnovaa
You just have to write down which servers use wooden routers and avoid them.

However, I've noticed that I can be fine with almost all of the players in games, but there might be one that loses half my bullets in transit to his DSL modem.