Troubleshooting problems relating to new update

What technical problem(s) do you have after the new update?

• 1. Game crashes when loading (launching)

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • 2. Game crashes when loading multiplayer

• 3. Unable to join any multiplayer game/custom game

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 4. Poor hit registration in multiplayer

• 5. Receiving banned or cheating notifications when entering multiplayer

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • 6. Game crashes when loading singleplayer

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 7. Game crashes during cutscene in singleplayer

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 8. Game does not load/open at all

• 9. Other (explain)

• Total voters
Aug 24, 2020
shadowzkiller.webstarts.com
Gamertag
ShadowzKiller
Updated: November 24, 2020

Note: This thread is NOT for criticizing the update, but for finding solutions.

Hey.

I have noticed that I and others have had some issues running or even playing Halo after the new update. Although there are some threads/posts out there, I thought it would better if they could be organized into a single thread to make it easier for admins and other players to view and suggest solutions.

Vote in the poll, describe your problems in more detail if possible, and post any solutions that you know of!

Problems
Problem #1: Game crashes when loading (launching)
Solution A: Disable auto-centering for keyboard/mouse and/or controller in person player profile. Guide here (credit: SHORELESS)

Problem #2: Game crashes when loading multiplayer
Solution A: Disable auto-centering for keyboard/mouse and/or controller in person player profile. Guide here (credit: SHORELESS)

Problem #3: Unable to join any multiplayer game/custom game
Solution A:

Problem #4: Poor hit registration in multiplayer
Solution A:

Problem #5: Receiving banned or cheating notifications when entering multiplayer
Solution A:
Disable auto-look for ranked games, where the anti-cheat is running. Credit: Arnav.

Problem #6: Game crashes when loading singleplayer
Solution A:

Problem #7: Game crashes during cutscene in singleplayer
Solution A:

Problem #8: Game does not load/open at all
Solution A:

Problem #9: Other
Solution A:

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2020
shadowzkiller.webstarts.com
Gamertag
ShadowzKiller
What did you do?
Well, the game does not fully work, but here is what I have tried so far.
1) Reinstalled the game.
2) Ran the game immediately when finished installing, but I did not check "Do not show this message again" regarding compatibility issues.
3) The game was able to load the menu. I ran the update from the in game update option. After that, it crashes if I try singleplayer or multiplayer. I am experimenting with different Cartographer settings. So far, I have been able to reload the game again and again, but can't play singleplayer or multiplayer.

Sep 16, 2020
Barranquilla, Colombia
ya.co.ve
Gamertag
SHORELESS
Hello I have prepared a post called "Solution to the False Positive of Project Cartographer Update 0.6.0.1" I would like to share it for all who continue to have that problem and as a way to support the entire community, the tutorial is in Spanish and English. the images of the step by step but the limit of 3 files prevented me, have a good night, I trust this is not considered spam https://www.halo2.online/threads/so...-1-de-project-cartographer-by-shoreless.4229/

Dec 18, 2020
Gamertag
Dalt
I have a really weird problem which doesn't let me create a new account, every time it says that something is broken and that there is some sort of internal issue.