what's multiplayer like? Is it similar to Halo Custom Edition's (Halo 1) multiplayer?

May 28, 2019
I decided to try playing cartographer again since I'm playing on a nicer computer. A LOT nicer than my laggy hp laptop. I only played some of the campaign, so now I want to see what multiplayer is like. That and I'm still kind of new to Halo 2.

1. What's the average player count on this?
I don't see a lot of players. And when I do the server is either filled up, or it only has 2-3 players playing. So is there other servers besides the one shown in the server browser.

2. What chat system does it use? Text, voice, or both?
Not that don't I like to talk, I just prefer to type.

3. Custom game modes?
If this has custom game modes, how many are they, and what are the super fun ones?

Nov 25, 2018
Gamertag
ThexHaloxfreak
its almost exactly like halo 3 but theres no equipment. no enegry drain and no bubble shield. physics are a little weird and also everything is hitscan in halo 2 which is different from halo 3... but its easy to get used to. in my opinion halo 2 is the best MP because of map selection and lack of equipment. but to answer your question.. NO its very different from CE.

and sadly there is no voice chat. it was around for a little while but no one used it and those who did had it on 24/7 probably without knowing and it was earrape. sad to see it go but i totally agree it wasnt worth keeping in.

and custom game modes are nothing much different from what you find in CE. different weapon spawn/ on map and maybe overshields and shit.... theres no forge so yeah theres really only 1 custom mode thats play which is infection which gets boring quick lol

also average player count peak is like 50 people daily.

hope that answered your questions

May 28, 2019
@ThexHaloxfreak this really helps, thanks for helping out. One more question though, I notice how most servers on ce aren't in English most of the time. So I don't know if it's like that with cartographer, just curious. But either way this is a huge help, thanks a lot!

Nov 25, 2018
Gamertag
ThexHaloxfreak
@ThexHaloxfreak this really helps, thanks for helping out. One more question though, I notice how most servers on ce aren't in English most of the time. So I don't know if it's like that with cartographer, just curious. But either way this is a huge help, thanks a lot!

honestly it doesnt matter because no one talks anyway. but yeah its infested with latin americans for some reason just like HCE. halo is a really popular fps in latin america i guess because over 50% of the players are from that region. also even if your ping is low you will lag (just like in HCE) because the lag compensation is trash. honestly if you want a halo game with a majority of english speakers and lots of servers hosted in the US just play halo online. it has voice chat and more custom game modes and lots and lots of custom maps.

Anz

Members
Mar 23, 2013
Gamertag
Anz11
1. First of all weekends are usually when there are most players online. Also depends where you´re from and what time you get online. I´d say about 100 players atleast on weekends.

2. Most people probably use discord. Not sure if there´s ingame voice chat or is it too bugged to use.

3. You can host your own games whenever and also set up your own server if you like. There´s also lots of cool custom maps, that can be found in the map repository on the frontpage. Ingame map downloading for custom maps also work, but the maps have to be in the repository for that to work.

Anyways welcome to the game and have a good time!!!

Anz

Members
Mar 23, 2013
Gamertag
Anz11
Just ask more questions, people will help here like with Vizayen on starting to make maps, but most of all get in the game and play!!!
Just dont hack folks?!?
One ban and your out?!?

May 28, 2019
@Anz thanks for the support! You guys don't half to worry about me hacking and cheating, since I'm not smart enough to remember cheat codes by heart. The only time I'd do something like that is when I'm goofing off in single player. I might make another thread on making maps soon, I already know how to make maps for Doom, Quake, and Half Life. So adding another game to my list would be pretty neat. And since I'm a junior in high school still, the weekend is the perfect time to hop on servers.