Whats up gang!

Sep 13, 2018
Gamertag
J-LAG
I feel like this is a college blackboard post for 10 points haha.

HI! Names Josh. Super halo freak. I still set up big LAN parties with my buddies and we play from 8p-2am usually.

Its tough to have these get togethers all the time, so ive been really looking for a way to play online and nothing has worked for me.
It appears that this is very reputable. I'm downloading the file now and im really hoping everything works cause im extremely stoked to play some HALO 2 again! THE only true halo. What are yalls experiences like thus far?

I attached a few pics from our halo nights :p I dont think im in any of them haha

Attachments

Dec 5, 2017
Honestly my experience this far is pretty good! Everything works as it's supposed to (such as button combos, unlike in the MCC). My only complaint is the game types that are hosted on the dedicated servers, they aren't really competitive and get repetitive over time however I feel like that isn't going to be a problem for you since it seems like you'll be playing on peer hosted servers more than the dedis.

Interesting things to know if you decide to play peer hosted games with friends.
- The host of a game needs to port forward before any other players can join.
- New (experimental) gametypes have been added by Project Cartographer devs, GunGame and infection.
- All the servers are essentially on a giant virtual LAN network so you'll be playing on the Network menu rather than the Live menu (I'm not entirely sure but the Live menus may be functional in the future.)

Sep 13, 2018
Gamertag
J-LAG
Wow thanks for all the info!!!
Im finally playing! Got an x box 1 controller today and i have it wired into my macbook pro.
BUUUUUUTTTTT.....Im having a major issure with the gameplay and its throwing my game completely off hha.
Im lagging a tad bit, and even worse, for a few seconds or so, the buttons will like switch themselves to other buttons! Its so weird!! Like B will become A and A will become B! Even when im on the page for getting into a game, i try and go back with the "B" button and instead it Selects as if it were the "A" Button. Also in a game i pressed theh right joystick in and it shot my sniper lol. ANY help?

Dec 5, 2017
I wouldn't know how to fix the controller problem as I use a PS4 controller and a program called DS4. But I have experienced that only when I use an Xbox One controller (via bluetooth). As for the lag it must have something to do with you using a macbook. I'm not entirely sure myself.

You can get more help from the people in the Discord server.
https://www.cartographer.online/discord

And unrelated but if you ever decide to host a game I made a guide based off of personal experience and the FAQ.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1te3zC4C9RyH7DSorjR_NMdMPdM_YF3wFeq1v2Gux7Yk/edit?usp=sharing