XLLN - XLiveLessNess

Glitchy Scripts

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Apr 9, 2013
GlitchyScripts.com
Sorry I am new here. Does this project work for non-HALO 2 games right now? I have some games like FlatOut UC that uses XLive multiplayer on my Steam account but haven't downloaded it yet. And do I also need the carthographer.dll for non-HALO 2 games?
Will this work for other games like Resident Evil operation Raccoon City? I am planning on doing a splitscreen mod too of that game.
I am compiling a list of all the games this project works on. Note that the following page is with respect to the code in the repository not the release posted here. The cartographer.dll is only for halo 2 and won't do anything if you put it in another game. There's lots still being worked on and I don't expect another stable release to be posted until another few weeks.
Current Status of GFWL Title Compatibility: https://github.com/KILLER-CHIEF/xlivelessness/issues/6

Feb 24, 2018
Gamertag
T3chnobone
Great work and thankyou for this mod but i'm just wondering if theres any chance we can get a feature that allows us to assign a playername in the executable launch parameters as its a bit of a mare to do when playing a lan party with 8+ players. If setting a username via a launch parameter was possible i could quickly automate it via a nucleuscoop script?

t1op

Members
Dec 10, 2019
Gamertag
t1op37
When I try to connect two laptops on my network I can see the other's game in the lobby. But I cannot connect. The game also intermittently disappears and reappears... I copied the files to my game directory, replacing the cartographer xlive.dll. Is there something else I need to do to get a stable LAN connection between PCs?

Jun 16, 2020
Gamertag
Sierra849Samuel
Help me I installed XLLN into my game directory and the I can't even play online anymore. When I click on Browse Games in the Live section, I get a message saying "There are no live games at this time."

Jun 16, 2020
Gamertag
Sierra849Samuel
i tried to install it to my halo 2 pc folder but when i run it gives me 2 errors of VCRUNTIME!$).dll missing and MSVCP140.dll is missing

Aug 21, 2020
Gamertag
AmarD
The Xlivelessness Lan enabled works really well with my home wifi playing along my brother.
However gameplay is not up to the mark as i cant set FoV, Framelimit and change the reticle offset. Sometimes the game does not acknowledge hits from gunfire.
So yeah LAN works but with poor gameplay(H2V was notorious for this).
Is there a way for me to play LAN with the Cartographer mod available? I would like to have the best of both worlds.

Glitchy Scripts

Lead Dev
Apr 9, 2013
GlitchyScripts.com
Great work and thankyou for this mod but i'm just wondering if theres any chance we can get a feature that allows us to assign a playername in the executable launch parameters as its a bit of a mare to do when playing a lan party with 8+ players. If setting a username via a launch parameter was possible i could quickly automate it via a nucleuscoop script?
The Xlivelessness Lan enabled works really well with my home wifi playing along my brother.
However gameplay is not up to the mark as i cant set FoV, Framelimit and change the reticle offset. Sometimes the game does not acknowledge hits from gunfire.
So yeah LAN works but with poor gameplay(H2V was notorious for this).
Is there a way for me to play LAN with the Cartographer mod available? I would like to have the best of both worlds.
Further integrations/features to improve user experience are on the way.

Arnav

Members
Aug 21, 2020
Gamertag
AmarD
So, I upgraded from windows 7 to 10. As you know the LAN enabled mod worked perfectly back then.
Now I try to run halo2 with the mod it tells me VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll are missing.

I download both the dlls from the internet and put them in the game directory, now another error

Error 0xc00007b “Application was unable to start correctly” pops in.

I tried running as administrator, to no avail. Is there anything I'm missing, maybe i downloaded wrong dlls?
Or the game has updated itself and become incompatible with xlivenessess?
Thanks in advance.
I'll also try on other systems when I'm free.

Glitchy Scripts

Lead Dev
Apr 9, 2013
GlitchyScripts.com
So, I upgraded from windows 7 to 10. As you know the LAN enabled mod worked perfectly back then.
Now I try to run halo2 with the mod it tells me VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll are missing.

I download both the dlls from the internet and put them in the game directory, now another error

Error 0xc00007b “Application was unable to start correctly” pops in.

I tried running as administrator, to no avail. Is there anything I'm missing, maybe i downloaded wrong dlls?
Or the game has updated itself and become incompatible with xlivenessess?
Thanks in advance.
I'll also try on other systems when I'm free.
Delete those two DLLs you downloaded and install the Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable properly: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685

Aug 21, 2020
Gamertag
AmarD
Works well so far! I thought a native VSync functionality has been implemented, but looked around and found the CFG files to be a welcome surprise. They are more than useful. Configure once and forget.
Great!

Glitchy Scripts

Lead Dev
Apr 9, 2013
GlitchyScripts.com
XLiveLessNess v1.2.1.1 has been released. This one pretty much brings full functionality to Halo 2 Vista now. Campaign works without annoying invalid checkpoint pop-ups and Multiplayer works Online and over LAN. Plus it supports all known releases/versions of Halo 2 Vista (halo2.exe and h2server.exe).

Glitchy Scripts

Lead Dev
Apr 9, 2013
GlitchyScripts.com
Hi Killer Chief / Glitchy Scripts, may I know whether this project would ever allow games like Fable 3 to be played on LAN?
Thanks.
It's been on my radar for things to try since coming across this post a month ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/Fable/comments/inmf4g I'll have to get a copy of the game to test it on my end tho. Feel free to try XLLN v1.2.1.1 on it and use the pdb logs release to see the logs in greater detail if you get the gist for how it works. No idea how well it will work tho. Also I butchered part of the networking so you might have difficulties if a person restarts their game. I'm working on a fix for a probable v1.2.2.1 release. Join the discord for updates, see invite here: https://xlln.glitchyscripts.com/

May 14, 2021
It's been on my radar for things to try since coming across this post a month ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/Fable/comments/inmf4g I'll have to get a copy of the game to test it on my end tho. Feel free to try XLLN v1.2.1.1 on it and use the pdb logs release to see the logs in greater detail if you get the gist for how it works. No idea how well it will work tho. Also I butchered part of the networking so you might have difficulties if a person restarts their game. I'm working on a fix for a probable v1.2.2.1 release. Join the discord for updates, see invite here: https://xlln.glitchyscripts.com/
Thanks for the reply Killer Chief, and thanks for all your hard work. Just glad to see that you are still actively working on this.