Your PC does not have sufficient unique identifiers available.

Should I help Woobby?

• Total voters
Jun 20, 2018
Gamertag
Woobby

Glitchy Scripts

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Apr 9, 2013
GlitchyScripts.com
This used to be a semi regular issue on releases late last/early this year. If you still have this issue then the only way to fix it is to rebuild/fix your probably corrupted WBEM / WMI Repository (I do not know how to do this exactly, I once tried helping someone do it but I didn't figure it out and they went quiet). At least that's what the problem is based on Google results from the error code in h2onscreendebug.log which is stored in the games install directory (administrator mode is required if you are in program files).
The error should look something like this:
Could not connect to ROOT\WMI. Error code = 0x8004100e
Get M/B info failed.
Except you will have a different error code.

Otherwise if you cannot fix it yourself you can use a secondary PC to play the game on and I can link these two PCs together after you have successfully logged in at least once on it (the reason for this system is if you hack/cheat on one of them both get 'console' banned from the game).

Jun 20, 2018
Gamertag
Woobby
Thanks! I got that error, I will try to fix it. And i'll try to use another PC, I'll tell you if its work on other pc

Aug 14, 2018
Gamertag
Fragger321
Hi everyone! I had this exact problem and I figured out a solution!

Step 1:

For whatever problem you get. Go here first:

"C:\Games\Halo 2 Project Cartographer\h2onscreendebug.log"

If you are getting any of these errors:

Could not connect to ROOT\CIMV2. Error code = 0x80070422
Get Win UUID failed.

Could not connect to ROOT\WMI. Error code = 0x80070422
Get M/B info failed.

Insufficient PC Identification! - Your PC does not have sufficient unique identifiers available. Please contact an admin about linking this PC with another that you own that does have sufficient info. This is to ensure fair online play.

This means that your computer cannot serialize a number (your motherboard's GUID/UUID and convert it/parse it to a string or an array of bytes so the game can authenticate/handshake your machine). Windows does this the same to stop pirating and hacking and what not. Lots of other companies are doing this as a way to ensure bans even if you change your IP.

If you have any of the errors above, please continue to step 2.

Step 2:

Check if these 2 services posted below are running in windows first before doing anything else.

To get here do these steps: Start->run->services.exe->right click and run as administrator

2.png

Step 3:

Make sure that this is the response back you get in an elevated command prompt window which is posted below.

To get here do these steps: Start->run->cmd.exe->right click and run as administrator

1.png

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/wmisdk/winmgmt

Go here and make sure to salvage your repository then verify it after doing Step 2 if you do not see the same responses above.

Step 4:

Go back to step 3 until it looks like this screen and restart. Your game should work now!

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2020
Gamertag
Gunslinger
Hi everyone! I had this exact problem and I figured out a solution!

Step 1:

For whatever problem you get. Go here first:

"C:\Games\Halo 2 Project Cartographer\h2onscreendebug.log"

If you are getting any of these errors:

Could not connect to ROOT\CIMV2. Error code = 0x80070422
Get Win UUID failed.

Could not connect to ROOT\WMI. Error code = 0x80070422
Get M/B info failed.

Insufficient PC Identification! - Your PC does not have sufficient unique identifiers available. Please contact an admin about linking this PC with another that you own that does have sufficient info. This is to ensure fair online play.

This means that your computer cannot serialize a number (your motherboard's GUID/UUID and convert it/parse it to a string or an array of bytes so the game can authenticate/handshake your machine). Windows does this the same to stop pirating and hacking and what not. Lots of other companies are doing this as a way to ensure bans even if you change your IP.

If you have any of the errors above, please continue to step 2.

Step 2:

Check if these 2 services posted below are running in windows first before doing anything else.

To get here do these steps: Start->run->services.exe->right click and run as administrator

View attachment 274

Step 3:

Make sure that this is the response back you get in an elevated command prompt window which is posted below.

To get here do these steps: Start->run->cmd.exe->right click and run as administrator

View attachment 275

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/wmisdk/winmgmt

Go here and make sure to salvage your repository then verify it after doing Step 2 if you do not see the same responses above.

Step 4:

Go back to step 3 until it looks like this screen and restart. Your game should work now!
I followed the steps and I'm still having the insufficient identifiers message pop up when I try to start it, also I'm having trouble finding the h2onscreendebug.log as well. Any suggestions?

Jan 9, 2021
bogota - colombia
Gamertag
XxInvasionZ19xX
[QUOTE = "Gunslinger, post: 18362, member: 35299"] Seguí los pasos y todavía aparece el mensaje de identificadores insuficientes cuando intento iniciarlo, también tengo problemas para encontrar h2onscreendebug.log como bien. ¿Alguna sugerencia? [/ QUOTE] hola me podrias brindar ayudar es que no e podido e podido intentar hacer los paso pero nada sale