2 Weeks and Counting...

Mar 15, 2013
Weel guys, the time is almost here. In about 2 weeks, the serving listings for our beloved game are about to be pulled. We all know what this means, and what it will do to us in the end. I have come to grow quite fond of qll of you, and had hoped to someday learn some nasty ingame skills from guys likeJay, Sherman and Desert Shark. But alas....I may never get the chance.

Things on Kant and Snipers side has been pretty quiet regarding a solution to the server list. If there was ever a time to reveal your wip solution or information about it, that time is definatly now! I dont want our small.starting community to end. I want countless new hopefulls to enjoy the game we have been playing and the content we have and still are creating. Please for the love of god, say something! Let us know things may not be coming to an end!

Mar 28, 2013
Gamertag
SiC I TITAN I
Is it final? did 343 confirm this?

Last thing I remember is that they will extend it until June while they're looking into other options

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
I am simultaneously scared and excited for the future of Halo on the PC, in a little less then two weeks we will know what Halo Bootcamp really is.

This could be a good E3 for us when you look at the clues:

-Halo 1-3 info posted on that upcoming Steam list - Possible joke or code-words? All the other game listings that where there have come to Steam by now

-Halo 3 mentioned in some AMD Catalyst Beta drivers awhile back - Again, could Halo 3 really mean something else? Doubtful, but maybe its just the name of the executable that was being tested and the number was a version number, not a game title

-Halo Bootcamp info leaked and confirmed by Microsoft - Korean text conversion references either Halo 3 or Halo Third Person

-Microsoft recently said they would not be making any AAA PC titles. One of their head Xbox guys also said no-one plays FPS on PC anymore - so if they do release anything decent for us its really sending mixed messages

-Some people think its an MMO, F2P, or even a MOBA type game; though that would aim it more at eastern countries - This seems less likely to me although the source of the info (some Korean ratings Board) should be considered, as well as the possible third person reference

My theories (one being more likely):
1) Its a game related to the Halo 1-3 (Forerunner) stories which may be third person
2) It may be a package that contains Halo 3 and more (ODST?)
3) It may not be so much of a game as a communication app :(

Mar 15, 2013
Either way you slice it, whether it be 2 weeks or a whole month left, we know Microsoft confirmed that the sever list would be up until June. I don't care who says it's saved, there has been no official word other than the extension that is approaching it's expiration date.

Am I to believe we are just gonna sit on our asses till after E3 to come up with or discuss our options? Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, it's just that I don't see the point in continuing anything without a solid WIP plan that will continue our good times. It seems pointless to workout a lot of my maps if their gonna be unplayable.

And this whole Bootcamp thing shows no promise of any kind for our team in terms of mapping or community content. Even if it is some sort of 3rd person or bundled game containing a Halo title, the chances of us getting anything moddable or creation tools is likely less than 0.

Apr 1, 2013
Australia
Gamertag
Le Derp King
If the servers shut down, and Halo Bootcamp turns out to be a total sham, we could always try Cryengine SDK again. If we have some 1337 h4x0r skills maybe we could even setup a tunggle or hamachi server and mod our own H2V client with multiplayer only.

To any of you wondering where I have been (probably not) I have still been here. Just lurking around really.

Mar 30, 2013
Gamertag
SiC Avenged
yea ill prolly use tunngle if more ppl do or xbc but is that a carlton from fresh prince mixed withfred from scobby doo lmao? ur profile pic that is