Activation worked in game but Still can't play online

Feb 11, 2014
Gamertag
toonami2112x
I bought a few cd keys from gamekeystore. I got the game to work on one of my computers but I cannot get it to let me play online on my second one. They are both using different cd keys. The one that does not work still asks for a cd key before booting but no longer asks for one in game. Is there a fix for this? thanks

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
if you have xfire or even maybe steam, start the game from xfire and it will load and wont ask for a cd key, (if your game is asking for a cd key when you launch the game) its happened to me a few times, not sure why.... lol but try loading it in xfire or something.

but if the umm live is greyed out and everything maybe try calling M$ support could help? lol like the automated key activation over the phone could work?

supersniper

The lost soul
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
supersniper
Halo 2 is one of the original LIVE titles which had specific keys that not only Activated the game but also allowed for LIVE functionality.

In order to play for LIVE you need to activate the game and get a key that works on LIVE.

Keys for activation never expire however keys for LIVE do have a limited usage. Therefore if you use an exceeded key that was also an activation key, (usually ones that came with the game) you can use that key to activate the game in setup, then a new key to activate the LIVE funcitonality as well. If you can sign into LIVE but it is greyed out its because you do not have your game activated.

Only fixes are ask someone for an activation key (someone who owns the game and has their original CD key) or use the MF.dll work around.