Any progress on redirecting the master server?

Aug 22, 2015
Gamertag
PrecastSquid545
The server list has been taken down again. Has there been any progress on redirecting the master server to one not controlled by Microsoft?

supersniper

The lost soul
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
supersniper
Actually I just started working on that, I feel once that is done halo 2 can start to be reborn.

So initial progress is we know where the protocols are located and a basis of how the joining and game selection works.
It will probably take time though...

Aug 22, 2015
Gamertag
PrecastSquid545
supersniper said:
Actually I just started working on that, I feel once that is done halo 2 can start to be reborn.

So initial progress is we know where the protocols are located and a basis of how the joining and game selection works.
So if the master server is redirected do you think we'll be able to play online without windows live?

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
unitedfalconclan.roflforum.net
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
[/quote]So if the master server is redirected do you think we'll be able to play online without windows live?[/quote]

xTankbeast said:
supersniper said:

So if the master server is redirected do you think we'll be able to play online without windows live?
Halo 2's online multi-player is completely dependent on Windows Live :/
Its completely hard coded into the game (at least I think it is :D )

Sep 15, 2015
Gamertag
PeachyBubbles95
Hey I am new and wantede to play this.
I have done all the instructions, but I can't find any games. I guess this thread is the reason why I can't, isn't it?

Is there no way atm to play online ?

Aug 22, 2015
Gamertag
PrecastSquid545
Netzpatron said:
Hey I am new and wantede to play this.
I have done all the instructions, but I can't find any games. I guess this thread is the reason why I can't, isn't it?

Is there no way atm to play online ?
Microsoft shut down the servers again. Unless we find a way to redirect the master server to one not owned by Microsoft, we're going to have to use virtual lan programs to play online.

Sep 15, 2015
Gamertag
PeachyBubbles95
Can you mention me some people playing regulary on private networks the :p ? (EU-based)

Are they using hamachi or ?