As I was saying..

Sep 20, 2016
Gamertag
fantasma
It would appear that an Admin Deleted a thread while I was still typing up a response.

I saved it.

"Wow dude, Butthurt much?
your little 'reply' thread actually made me chuckle for a bit."

Yup, my little "butthurt" reply sent you into an emotional rant as we shall discover. Let's begin.

"So here's a thing that you probably don't know and to be honest wouldn't surprise me
Project Cartographer is in Alpha. Meaning bugs like this are normal. "

Here's something that doesn't surprise me. Anything that is being developed is bound to run into a few problems. That opens up the door to criticism. Some criticism being constructive, some not so constructive. It is up to the developer to carry on his work and not get worked up over other people's opinions. A basic concept that you missed.

"Having said that, if people wanted to play halo 2 without Project Cartographer, then i'd still recommend them to get GFWL. Why?
Because of nostalgic reasons you literal moron."

Again, you're missing the point. People can play with GFWL or xliveless. It's their choice but ..(breath with me teddy) if for some reason GFWL doesn't work, they can simply use the xlivelss method. It won't have the achievements or whatever but at least it's playable. And not everyone plays Halo 2 for nostalgia. It's your opinion against mine at this point.

"Halo 2 PC is the only game available that has recent Halo 2 achievements. Yeah some people might not care, but most people are either sentimental or achievement hunt for days."

Wait.. Are you calling most Halo 2 players over-sentimental crybabies who scream out "you're butthurt!!'", or "you're a literal moron!" to those who don't want achievements activated; who just want play, not for nostalgia's sake, but for the sake of playing? Or is it just You. . . ^_^

"One guy PM'd me saying that he'd buy my Xbox Live account because he was an achievement hunter and wanted the 1000GS."

Well good for that guy.

"Not everyone thinks in the same mindset as you, probably why you can't have a normal conversation with anyone."

Says the self-righteous adolescent who PANICS when he sees the original poster of this thread acknowledge my suggestion. Not looking good for you so far, teddy. Deep Breaths Man.. Deep Breaths.

"The only time i'd ever recommend Xliveless is if people are trying to run LAN Parties."

In other words.. At times when project cartographer fails miserably,(it fails a lot) you can just slap the good ol' Hassle Free xliveless file in there to fix the h2online launcher's current shortcomings. :]

"You probably don't know, but Xliveless is very optimised for LAN play and has done its job well when people are playing LAN parties of Halo 2. People in the past have commented on net performance when using xliveless and its always been positive."

I'm noticing a common theme with you, teddy. You always assume that nobody knows anything but you and then come to find out it is you who actually knows nothing.
Tunngle, Gameranger, Hamachi or Haguichi for Linux, are all good for LAN games. Tunngle doesn't appear to work on Wine yet.

"H2online.exe isn't my launcher. Its a program made by FishPhd. I'm still pretty certain that you have fucked something up, because someone I know who's on Linux has 0.2.1 working
Infact, the Lead Dev (PNill) hasn't had any issues with the game + launcher on linux. Only issues he's had is due to him screwing up his sound."

Interesting you say that because before I replaced the older launcher with the new one the game worked perfectly. Remember seeing me there playing? Of course not because you have a selective memory hehe. There was an announcement yesterday saying "we banned all linux users sorry" (go check. it's up there) - the same day I updated the launcher and couldn't join. Coincidence?.. Maybe. I'll check again to see if the "problem" is resolved.

"Now I'd assume that the guy whos taking full credit for Halo 2 working under WINE should be able to fix game lag i mean come on?"

Not even that. I Can't join, Period. It's not on my end. Keep being delusional.

"I'd like to point out that people have gotten Halo 2 working under linux beforehand and haven't gotten any issues with Halo 2, which begs the question:
Why are you revering yourself as some sort of saint for getting Halo 2 working under WINE? (When even then it's not working that well for you)"

After exhausted research, I am the only person as of now, who has actually written a guide, not only for how to install Halo 2 on WINE but ALSO to get project cartographer to SUCCESSFULLY work (up until yesterday). Again, i'll check later to see if the problem (not my problem) is resolved. Why are you calling me a saint?..

"Many people have done it before you and have gotten Halo 2 working better than you did (Bearing in mind this is with GFWL, so the amount of security around that would have been increasingly difficult to pull off)
The irony of this is that someone in the community has had issues with running Halo 2 using your WINE install guide. (Talked with this particular person in-game)"

How would you know if people installed the game better than me? Your "arguments" are getting pettier by the second. I've installed all 3 methods of halo 2 successfully on WINE. Xliveless, GFWL, and Project Cartographer. You said someone had a problem with using my install guide. I would like to help him resolve those issues to my best ability. There is no Irony in running into issues while trying to install programs with Linux/Wine as it is a learning process. We are always learning new things with Linux. It is almost like a never-ending process. I hope you understand.

"Hah, so in order to actually make your argument any more relevant you start criticising my grammar?"

It's called sarcasm genius. Read the context.

"Didn't know I was dealing with a child."

I didn't know I was dealing with a complete retard.

"Besides fantasma, if you hate Project Cartographer so much, don't play on it."

You know teddy, just because someone criticizes something doesn't mean they hate it. Who's the literal moron now?

"I mean it works on Windows, Mac (Via Bootcamp/Parallels) + Linux sooooooooooo I still don't see why your having issues. Besides i have better things to do with my time (like making Project Cartographer better for everyone)"

Who said anything about Mac with bootcamp? Thats practically a dual boot Windows sooooooooooooo I think you don't know what you're taking about here [Again]. I'm dealing with pure Linux here, not some hydbrid mixture of 3 Operating Systems. Night and Day difference.

"A legitimate product key isn't required to access GFWL, just so you know. If you use a modified MF.dll and a random product key off the internet, you'll be able to get access to Halo 2 w/ GFWL (which is how people pirated it back in the day)"

Tell me something I don't know.. I'm waiting.

"Before I end this wall of text and contemplate why I actually spent this time writing this post up, I'd like to mention that the 'Offline Feature' will be implemented (After appropriate research is done)

Just gonna mention that Project Cartographer is in Alpha. If you have any issues please bring this to the attention of admins so we can see it."

So long story short. You just like to hear yourself talk.

-Lets be fair now Admins.

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
unitedfalconclan.roflforum.net
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
You still wonder why people can't take you seriously?
I still can't take you seriously right now.

Wait.. Are you calling most Halo 2 players over-sentimental crybabies who scream out "you're butthurt!!'", or "you're a literal moron!" to those who don't want achievements activated; who just want play, not for nostalgia's sake, but for the sake of playing? Or is it just You. . . ^_^

Really?
You inferred this?!
This is great, apparently I'm calling Halo 2 Players over-sentimental crybabies. Keep going fantasma, the only person that instigating anyone against is yourself. Please go on.
Halo 2 itself is a jack-of-all trades. The only reason why I mentioned Achievements is because the general consensus is that people wanted to play Halo 2 PC w/ said achievements.

The only reason why your criticising Project Cartographer is related to Baked Surfer isn't it?
You still scared of him?

fantasma said:
"Now I'd assume that the guy whos taking full credit for Halo 2 working under WINE should be able to fix game lag i mean come on?"

Not even that. I Can't join, Period. It's not on my end. Keep being delusional.
Pretty sure its not on our end so keep complaining.

If we wanted to we could just drop the Project right now, the only thing motivating us is our player base.

Linux users were never going to be banned?
If this was the case then PNill would have been banned from his own Project?
Think about what you say sometimes :cool:
What proof do you have of this?
Post it, i'd like to see it.

fantasma said:
"Not everyone thinks in the same mindset as you, probably why you can't have a normal conversation with anyone."
Says the self-righteous adolescent who PANICS when he sees the original poster of this thread acknowledge my suggestion. Not looking good for you so far, teddy. Deep Breaths Man.. Deep Breaths.
I could care less if Neonspider acknowledge your suggestion. I didn't say it was wrong, rather your response was in a wrong context. He made a feature request, check the icon of the post next time.

I'd like to be fair, but i'ts difficult to be fair to someone who can't accept that he got his ass handed to him in a 1v1.

Besides I think I know what I'm talking about I mean lets put this In context here:
Your talking to an admin who knows what he's doing + is well respected.
and in this case, you are the same individual who has been shunned by the community time and time and time again. Your opinions + criticisms of Me, Project Cartographer, My Team, My Community mean nothing to me (not to mention most people won't share the same opinion as you.)
Pretty much everyone in this community has an extremely low opinion of you.

Like I said, you really don't want to piss me off. I'm probably the only admin who would even want to bother dealing with you/actually help you fix your problems with Baked Surfer.
You've already pissed Tweek off, so there's that.

So you can just float and sputter