cannot load maps

Nov 25, 2018
Gamertag
ThexHaloxfreak
i cant play campaign nor multi because i remaned one of the custom maps to slot_1 as per the instrutions in the main menu. after this i cant load any maps. so now i deleted all of the maps that didnt come with the game an still everything is fucked. any simple fixes?

Nov 25, 2018
Gamertag
ThexHaloxfreak
There is no reason renaming a map would cause you to not be able to load maps. What do you even mean by that.
in the campaign menu above all of the other levels it says slot 1 slot 2 and slot 3 and in the description for the levels it said rename this to slot_1 to load the level so i closed halo 2 and went and renamed the map as instructed then opened halo 2 again. i couldnt load the map though.... then i tried loading sacred icon and it didnt load. then i tried loading any map and im just stuck on the halo 2 loading screen that you used to see on the xbox... but nothing loads youre just stuck there. so i went and deleted those couple maps and reloaded halo 2 and now i cant load multiplayer maps! the game crashes when i try to join a server. trust me when i say i ONLY deleted the maps that i downloaded the week before... i did not delete a single map that comes with the game. anyway i tried using the updater in the directory but that did nothing so ive decided to uninstall and im reinstalling now.

Nov 25, 2018
Gamertag
ThexHaloxfreak
oh and the map i tried to load was the halo 2 restored wharthog run which i think i downloaded from a link i found here on the forums.

Feb 26, 2016
USA
MP not loading means you fucked up your shared.map. Campaign could be the same reason.

https://dl.glitchyscripts.com/halo2/maps/

Redownload the resource maps. Those being shared.map, singleplayer_shared.map, and mainmenu.map. You should have 41 maps in total in your vanilla H2 install.

There is no reason the coop menu itself would cause you to not be able to load anything or renaming a map for that matter unless you edited the shared maps.

Nov 25, 2018
Gamertag
ThexHaloxfreak
MP not loading means you fucked up your shared.map. Campaign could be the same reason.

https://dl.glitchyscripts.com/halo2/maps/

Redownload the resource maps. Those being shared.map, singleplayer_shared.map, and mainmenu.map. You should have 41 maps in total in your vanilla H2 install.

There is no reason the coop menu itself would cause you to not be able to load anything or renaming a map for that matter unless you edited the shared maps.
i never edited any maps only added like 2-3 in and that was it. (also didnt replace any files either) just stopped being able to load maps. was same story after deleting what i added. but thanks anyway when i bother to reinstall everything should be fine i hope

Nov 25, 2018
Gamertag
ThexHaloxfreak
when i installed somehow it saved my cfg and my last save of my laso run perfectly. :D yay! its like nothing changed