Can't connect to master server...

Oct 16, 2016
I get the "Connection taking awhile" message and can't see anything in the server browser...

I've deleted the xlive files to redownload them, I've completely turned off my antivirus AND Windows Firewall, nothing. I forwarded the ports on my router and my modem (which is unfortunately also a router). My firewall is completely turned off on the modem.

What could the problem be? An installation issue, or still something with my network? I feel like I've tried everything here...

Oct 16, 2016
Yes, I made one through the website before installing, and then to be sure I made a second using the launcher.

I got a confirmation email for both, though I guess I can't confirm they were created successfully... As an admin (unless I'm wrong about that!) do you have access to see if there's a problem with my registration? My two account usernames should be "bobrocks95" and "bobrocks951".

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
unitedfalconclan.roflforum.net
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
If you got the confirmation email, then assume that the accounts were created successfully.

Make sure Halo 2 is using the right network adapter, and maybe reinstall Halo 2 (Full Install do not start)
Also run Halo 2 under windows vista compatibility mode
And Ensure that Direct X is installed/updated

What installation guide did you use?

Oct 16, 2016
Halo 2 only recognizes one network adapter which should be the correct one. No difference between choosing it manually and choosing Windows Default.

Windows Vista compatibility doesn't help, DirectX (and I checked .NET as well) is updated.

I used this installation guide: http://www.halo2vista.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3820. I'll give a reinstall a try next.

EDIT: I did a full re-installation and it didn't help, though of course I didn't do anything differently during the install...

supersniper

The lost soul
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
supersniper
This can also be caused because Halo 2's outgoing and/or incoming connection is being blocked. Do you have any firewalls or virus protection programs that will block outgoing and/or incoming connections from your computer?

supersniper

The lost soul
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
supersniper
He could have another external firewall. Plus sometimes when disabling realtime protection for antivirus it still has the firewall and internet security protection enabled since they are separate components.

Oct 16, 2016
Forgot to check this thread out again.

My Antivirus (Avast) doesn't have Firewall since it's the free version. I turned it and Windows Firewall off to check if they were the issue.

Unless there's something else you guys know of, I guess it's my dual router situation since my modem is also a router? The firewall is turned off on it as well, and I forwarded ports 1000 - 1008 on both. I wouldn't think it would be a problem after doing all that, but it's definitely not an ideal situation...