Get voice back into halo 2

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
I recall hearing they broke the codec in an update. If you were to revert the correct files it might cause issues with later games that depend on the newer codec.

I think a consistent TS3 server is the best answer. One that is easy to find, always there, and does not require a password for the basic channels.

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
we have been using one that i have been running lol the addy will be in the usual place once or if i ever get into the ts to give you guys, but i think supper has it now lol

Jul 5, 2014
Gamertag
YoshinJaaa
Kills Alone said:
I recall hearing they broke the codec in an update. If you were to revert the correct files it might cause issues with later games that depend on the newer codec.

I think a consistent TS3 server is the best answer. One that is easy to find, always there, and does not require a password for the basic channels.
Do you know what files need to be reverted? Several people I know who want voice chat only have H2V as their only GFWL game on their computer.

Kantanomo

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
Gamertag
H2Bot
You cannot easily revert the audio codecs back to what they were before because they are built into the .exe and xlive :(