Guitar riff ive been working on

Mar 30, 2013
Gamertag
SiC Avenged
not bad i just dont like the palm or fret mutes whatever thtey are example at 19 seconds they seem like you just threw them in there to change it up they dont sound like they belong but remember its only my opinoin i played for about 4 yrs then stoped so im no pro

Jun 16, 2013
Canada
Gamertag
SiC Slasherr
thanks avenged,

i was not sure about those muted notes that i added in, the riff sound a little wierd without them.

im going to try to think of something to transition back to the start of the riff xD

Mar 30, 2013
Gamertag
SiC Avenged
have u tried adding more in maybe it sound better that way they just sounded random to me....like u added them to make it more spiffy like i said jsut a opinion

Mar 22, 2013
Current Location Unknown
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
Pain Sherman
Good, keep it up!!

SiC THEPRO1121 said:
https://soundcloud.com/devin-sackaney/new-song-intro

this is a guitar riff ive been working on,

ive been playing guitar for 3 years and im 16.

pretty good guitar riff xD

anything to improve on? feedback plz :)
I've been playing the guitar for almost ten years and stopped playing it for almost 2 due to an accident. So I'm kinda rusty but whatever. I must say that this sounds pretty good to me, you just have to work on your picking skills in order to get a natural sound because in some parts you tend to force the riff but the fact that you compose your own stuff makes you an advanced/excellent guitar player

GUL74

Members
Apr 6, 2013
Boston, Ma
Gamertag
GUL74
Re: Good, keep it up!!

Pain Sherman said:
SiC THEPRO1121 said:

I've been playing the guitar for almost ten years and stopped playing it for almost 2 due to an accident. So I'm kinda rusty but whatever. I must say that this sounds pretty good to me, you just have to work on your picking skills in order to get a natural sound because in some parts you tend to force the riff but the fact that you compose your own stuff makes you an advanced/excellent guitar player
I agree with Pain Sherman just work on your picking other than that it sounds good.. What was gear are using ?

Jun 16, 2013
Canada
Gamertag
SiC Slasherr
Re: Good, keep it up!!

GUL74 said:
Pain Sherman said:
SiC THEPRO1121 said:

I agree with Pain Sherman just work on your picking other than that it sounds good.. What was gear are using ?
thanks sherman and GUL74,

i think i have alot of feedback to improve this riff, im going to practice my picking techniqe, even though i dont really look at my picking hand.

sherman, what happened to your hand(s)? :( i cannot imagine not being able to play guitar :O

Mar 22, 2013
Current Location Unknown
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
Pain Sherman
Yep

Hell yeah keep rocking and working on your riffs dude. I've been listening to them on your Soundcloud page, pretty good stuff you have there.

Nothing happened to my hands I just had a car accident in 2009 (December) and forgot how to do some things, it was a long recovery. In 2011 (June) I was able to remember my name and home address without using a note pad, sticky notes, etc. So it was kinda hard to play the guitar when you forgot how to do it, but Im fine now :D

Jun 16, 2013
Canada
Gamertag
SiC Slasherr
Re: Yep

Pain Sherman said:
Hell yeah keep rocking and working on your riffs dude. I've been listening to them on your Soundcloud page, pretty good stuff you have there.

Nothing happened to my hands I just had a car accident in 2009 (December) and forgot how to do some things, it was a long recovery. In 2011 (June) I was able to remember my name and home address without using a note pad, sticky notes, etc. So it was kinda hard to play the guitar when you forgot how to do it, but Im fine now :D
its good that you recovered well xD

thanks for all the feedback :)

GUL74

Members
Apr 6, 2013
Boston, Ma
Gamertag
GUL74
Re: Yep

Pain Sherman said:

wow that crazy glad you ok now