HALO: SPARTAN ASSAULT out now for purchase.

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines ... oday!.aspx

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxsYQtltOco[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKnCxQIleuc[/youtube]
Available today at 4pm PST for Windows 8 PC and tablets and Windows Phone 8, Halo: Spartan Assault is a new top-down action shooter set between the events of Halo 3 and Halo 4. This new chapter has you experiencing the first missions of the Spartan Ops program and dives deeper into the backstory of Human-Covenant wars. Play through the eyes of either Commander Sarah Palmer or Spartan Davis stationed aboard the UNSC Infinity as they fight never-before-seen battles against Covenant forces.

For additional information including videos, screenshots and more, check out the official Halo: Spartan Assault page!

HALO LIKE YOU HAVE NEVER PLAYED BEFORE

Available only for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8*, "Halo: Spartan Assault" is a new top-down action shooter that brings a "Halo" video game to touch-based devices for the first time in franchise history. Developed by 343 Industries in conjunction with Vanguard Games, "Halo: Spartan Assault" provides an accessible, pick-up-and-play experience for fans and newcomers alike.

Set between the events of "Halo 3" and "Halo 4," "Halo: Spartan Assault" is a new chapter of the award-winning "Halo" universe that explores the first missions of the Spartan Ops program and dives deeper into the backstory of Human-Covenant wars. Play through the eyes of either Commander Sarah Palmer or Spartan Davis stationed aboard the UNSC Infinity as they fight never-before-seen battles against Covenant forces.

With rich storytelling, intuitive controls, and best-in-class action, audio and graphics, "Halo: Spartan Assault" brings the epic scale and action of the "Halo" universe to mobile devices through unrivaled action and intensity.

TOP FEATURES

Original "Halo" gameplay. An action-packed, single-player campaign spanning 25 missions in battles never before experienced in the Halo Universe, all played from a top-down camera view

New and immersive storyline. An original story set between the events of "Halo 3" and "Halo 4," experience a new war with the Covenant, the first missions of the Spartan Ops program and the rise of Commander Sarah Palmer, all with best-in-class graphics and audio

Built for simplicity. A unique fusion of touch and console-like controls for easy pick-up-and-play gaming, with the added flexibility of keyboard and mouse controls on Windows 8 PCs and tablets

Integration with "Halo 4." Earn experience points (XP), all-new Achievements, and unlock emblems for your "Halo 4" Spartan career, with additional integration features available after launch

Nonstop competitive fun. Compete against friends in Leaderboards or hone your skills against an onslaught of Weekly Challenges while collecting more than 40 in-game Achievements and Medals

In-app purchases. Grind to earn upgrades or speed up your training by purchasing credits for boosts, unique weapons or armor abilities

Only on Windows. Available only on Windows 8 PCs and tablets and Windows Phone 8 devices.

Apr 1, 2013
Australia
Gamertag
Le Derp King
Damn it microsoft. Why don't they make it backwards compatible with Windows 8? I doubt it but would there be a way to make it compatible?

Jun 16, 2013
Canada
Gamertag
SiC Slasherr
i think there is in app purchases :(

that means you will need to buy extra things :/

im not really excited for this game, even though its halo

but i do really like the concept art xD

Mar 25, 2013
Houston, TX
Gamertag
PCTechmaster07
SCRAPY said:
[BBvideo 800,490:2w183stt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14[/BBvideo]

M$ this is not the way to get me to give you more money. :down:

If they decide to remove the Win 8 only bs I'll probably get it.

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
well im sure if you can get a friends win 8 computer or something and login and buy it, there is a temp folder where the download is at and you can probably grab the temp installation files and try installing it on another computer of yours say win7/vista etc... lol

but who knows.. it'd be nice if they would stop trying to do what they did with halo 2 "vista" aka crapsta lmao......

Mar 25, 2013
Houston, TX
Gamertag
PCTechmaster07
SCRAPY said:
it'd be nice if they would stop trying to do what they did with halo 2 "vista" aka crapsta lmao
That's mainly the reason I'm not buying this right now.

I don't know if it's good or a rather sad fact that all of my friends are staying away from Windows 8 x3

The game does look interesting though, I hope M$ changes their minds at some point.........after all they have in the past *cough, Xbox One, cough*

Feb 15, 2013
Melbourne, FL
www.shawnm5.com
Gamertag
Shawnm1700
once you get over the "i don't like metro!" phase, you realize you only use the menu for searching.
the game is actually good, yes it is a top down game but weren't the first three grand theft autos?
it is different from the normal halo series, its a change up for the good. it's only $6.99
the only thing i hate is the upgrades cost $ and only last for that game, but I like that since i'm used to how halo 2 is a set start weapon.