HELP: I cannot join a game.

Mar 2, 2017
Gamertag
DropTheDime
Hi all, so I have Halo 2 running and it opens fine. I can go into network and see games in play but i am unable to join. There is some red writting up in the top left corner about master connection and that I should enable the game in firewalls etc.

So the launcher and the game folder are all exceptions in windows defender, windows firewall and malwarebytes. Any ideas?

Any help is massively appreciated as I just wanna play some Halo 2 MP, and after they butchered it with the MCC. This is the only Halo I never properly played online :(

Drop

tweek

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Nov 29, 2013
DropTheDime said:
Hi all, so I have Halo 2 running and it opens fine. I can go into network and see games in play but i am unable to join. There is some red writting up in the top left corner about master connection and that I should enable the game in firewalls etc.

So the launcher and the game folder are all exceptions in windows defender, windows firewall and malwarebytes. Any ideas?

Any help is massively appreciated as I just wanna play some Halo 2 MP, and after they butchered it with the MCC. This is the only Halo I never properly played online :(

Drop

Close the game and launher. Open xlive.ini (its in halo 2 folder). Change port = 1000 to port = 34728. Save file

Run the launcher and game again