How do you get custom widescreen to work?

Aug 8, 2017
Gamertag
APeachJellyBean
I am trying to use dsfix to get my game to run in borderless windowed at 3840x1080 but half my window is off screen. I remember having this issue before but can’t remember how I fixed it. I want to have my game look like the project cartographer YouTube videos which I can no longer find.

mills

Staff
Project Cartographer Staff
May 10, 2017
you can resize the window in cartographer, when it is running windowed. on custom resolutions you can just maximize your window.

then, in the main menu, press f7 or f8 to go borderless windowed (f7 is fullscreen borderless iirc)

Aug 8, 2017
Gamertag
APeachJellyBean
you can resize the window in cartographer, when it is running windowed. on custom resolutions you can just maximize your window.

then, in the main menu, press f7 or f8 to go borderless windowed (f7 is fullscreen borderless iirc)
f8 is borderless window but for me it makes it really small in the top left no matter what size I make the window, also with dragging the box since I am on a 4k monitor if I max out the size of the window the text breaks.

mills

Staff
Project Cartographer Staff
May 10, 2017
yes well if you do it in the main menu (where it says campaign live network etc) it should work. this feature is broken in other circumstances.

the text breaking is when your vertical resolution goes above 1289 pixels (if that number is correct, it's something between 1250 and 1300)

Aug 8, 2017
Gamertag
APeachJellyBean
Thanks, just applied the text mod and I can't see any of the names for the servers, they are just blank boxes. I'm not sure if you have seen the video, but the official project cartographer youtube channel had full screen game with black bars at the bottom and top. I want mine like that but it shoves my game window to the bottom of the screen and half of it is cut out, I can't move it up either.