Not working

Fal

Members
Dec 6, 2013
Hey guys, I just bought a key off of the link from the "easiest way to get halo 2 pc" sticky. After I received the key, I went on to enter it within the game(skipping the windows activation). Everything went fine, except for the fact that the network and live options are still grayed out. Could it possibly be that I'm using a torrented copy of halo 2[hidden](https://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/4295806/Halo_2_%5BVista_y_XP%5D)[/hidden]? All help would be greatly appreciated

supersniper

The lost soul
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
supersniper
I'm saddened to see that you do not want to pay for a legal copy of Halo 2, however the network and LIVE options are greyed out because the actual game is not activated. When GFWL first came out, the LIVE key provided served to activate LIVE as well as activate the game for LIVE (ie: register it with LIVE). What you need to do is uninstall Halo 2, then follow these steps below.

Install Halo 2 using custom install, do not start after option.
When it says activate product select activate later.
Then go download the MF.dll (4kb) file and put it in the root installation folder for where you installed Halo 2.
Then open the game and enter the purchased key.

The MF.dll (4kb) is a file that was created to "bypass" the game activation process. However a real LIVE access key is required to play online, this fix just allows any key to work, not just specific Halo 2 game activation and LIVE access combo keys which only came within the game's box.

Himanshu01

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
May 16, 2013
India
Gamertag
Himanshu01
You are Right.The MF.dll is used to get LIVE and Network features.Use it Fal and after that when GFWL asks the key of the game then type that.

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
maybe not sure the keys on there could possibly work since microsoft has not seen those keys...

These keys here > These may also work, but not sure since microsoft has probably banned/rejected these keys so who know's probably even retail bought games may not work anymore because Microsoft has been shutting down the marketplace, turning off GFWL moderating, Help, Admin'ing, stopped sales, stopped development of GFWL enabled games, and allowing companies to remove GFWL/LIVE from PC games. So it is only a matter of time where everything will be shut down probably here in about a few months or so or until they stop supporting or selling the XBOX 360. GFWL is pretty much a plain basic version of what the XBOX 360 uses, so when it goes, so does GFWL.

Hence why when the XBOX ONE was starting to rumor and being introduced GFWL died even faster...???? anyone else notice that??? lol

So they are going to kill off XBOX 360 just like the Original XBOX "One/1" probably here in about a year or two and GFWL is going with to be killed off as well.... :(

Where is the PC Gaming on all Windows Operating system's Love Major Nelson, Bill Gates, 343i, Microsoft...................